Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Skin Cancer

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Called the 1800 number today. Was told that I had a descion but they were waiting on someone to sign off on it. Good or bad I only filed in Feb and Had a C+P in March. I am currently rated at 0 percent. This time they sliced open my nose pretty bad. But if a descion ws made in only 4 months thats one for the record books.

Jim

Does anybody no what the rateing scale is for that thaks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim,

Four months is pretty fast for a claim. youmust have had all the medical evidence from the get go.

The information that you recieved from the 1-800 jockey seems correct. In your case, it looks like your claim only needs the standard two signatures which shouldn't take too long at all. The third siganture is what can take a couple of weeks longer because fo the retro involved.

As far as the "rating scale" concerning your disbility, it's hard to say without knowing what the claimed disability is. i.e. something to do with the skin or actual Nasal obstruction or something along those lines. Try looking under §4.97 or §4.118. There you'll proabaly find what you're looking for.

Vike 17

question about that elusive third signature. what does it involve and why does it take so long to sign. i'm waiting for that and my new rating letter. i know i shouldn't hold my breath but how long do it take for everything to go through

thanx, vita

• HadIt.com Elder

The elusive third signature is generally done by the Veterans service Center Manager (VSCM) or thier assistant. When a claim is granted and there is over $25,000.00 involved in retro, the claim needs to be signed off from the VSCM. The VSCM isn't looking to change the actual decision or anything unless there was a CUE involved. He/she is just looking to insure the amount of money being paid is correct and everything else that was done by the Post-Determination Team was done correctly. In short the VSCM is just making sure all the "i's" are dotted and the "t's" are crossed due to the retro involved.

The third siganture may take a couple of weeks extra to be acconplished. It just depends on what the work load is of the VSCM.

Vike 17

Vike17

Thanks for the quick response. I am just amazed how quick this ia all going thats all. Never had a claim go so quick befire and this is the Roanoke VRO

Jim