Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Inhouse Treatment For Ptsd

Rate this question



I am rated at 50% for ptsd.I am considereing,and already have all the paperwork to fill out for going into the in house treatment at Topeka Ks. I have a brother in Topeka.While I realize that I need help with the PTSD.,I'm not happy with the 50%,and in the 3rd process of filing another appeal.that being said....IF I were

to enter the program ...would it be helpful or detremental for my claim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

It could help- but make sure , when the program is over, that you send the VA a copy of the Discharge certificate from this program and ask them to use the inhouse records in support of your claim.

Also-if I were you - and if you are unemployed- I would also send them the form for TDIU which I have attached here. It is for Total Disability due to Unemployability.(100% rate p/m)

Under # 18 I suggest you check yes- and then apply for Social Security too-

or if you already get SSA for disability- under the Remarks area (you can attach additional page too but make sure your c file # and name is on it and refer to the attached page under # 25-

Tell them that you get the SSA if you do-

and also list your SC meds and tell the VA what side affects they have that render you unable to work.

The inhouse program- you should be awarded a check for 100%SC for that month-I forget how that goes-

maybe someone can answer-

does this vet have to formally apply for this benefit due to the inhouse program or do they file a claim for him at the program????

In essense- the fact that a vet is getting 21 days care for a SC disorder or disability means that the vet, for that month, is totally disabled by the SC.


Edited by Berta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

with the "witch Hunt" ongoing you might want to NOD your last denial for increase if it has been within one year and then appeal it to BVA to see if they will bump you up to either 70% TDIU or the 100% rating, roght now I don't think any VARO's are going to approve any new claims for TDIU for PTSD, I think the handwriting on the wall is for BVA to do it or you won't get it all. I am at 50% and they refused to admit me to the inpatient program due to poor health, I tried, I only see a shrink one on one, I don't do groups, I use to see him monthly, then it went to every 2 months now it's every 3 months, he told me beacuse of all the active duty troops they are seeing there are not enough apponitments for anything more often than that. Works for me I hate riding in the car anyway and the VA is 70 miles each way. If you have the time and it ain't no big deal I recomend you try the program like Berta pointed out if you are admitted to it, you get the 100% rate for each month you are there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use