betrayed

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Chief that kinda depends.... why did they combine them? Did they say? I mean, I wouldn't normally associate the two, but they have to have given some sort of reason... the only thing I can think is they are saying that either the hypertensioon and the kidney disease stem from the same nexus, or one caused the other.... even if they stem from the same nexus I dont see how they could combine them. So, my guess is they are saying one caused the other...

What came first? If the hypertension was SC'ed then the kidney disease the the kidney should be rated seperatly fairly easy. This is strange as even if one caused the other, both are SC'ed, just lumped together, then one should have been secondary. However, only a doctor would be able to unfuddle it as it all boils down to a medical issue of how one relates to the other.

• HadIt.com Elder

It all depends on how your kidney is rated i.e. what DC it's under. If it's under 7505 Tuberculosis of Kidney, you'll find you answer under §4.89.

Vike 17

was initially rated 30% for chronic kidney stones, hypertension was denied. Appealed at DRO level, showed them I was diagnosed with hypertension within one year of discharge. In the mean time I had a renal scan which showed my kidney is so damaged that it only function 28% and the other functions 68%.

Vike 17,

The SSOC states under issue Chronic nephrolithiasis with hypertension which is currently rated at 30%.

Under decision it states The initial evaluation of chronic nephrolithiasis with hypertension which is currently rated at 30% is retro increased to 60%.

This makes no sense I was granted 30% for Chronic nephrolithiasis alone. I was denied hypertension.

Appeal showed them I was diagnosed with hypertension within one year of discharge by private doctor and started on medicine for such.

Reasons and Bases

We have retroactivley increased to 60 percent the initial evaluation assigned for your service connected kidney disability. We based this decision on a longitudal review of the record.

I am gonna scan and attach info from SSOC.

post-768-1179834224_thumb.jpg

post-768-1179834238_thumb.jpg

post-768-1179834252_thumb.jpg

and I totally disagree with this statement from the ssoc, so Vike please tell me how to fight it.

post-768-1179834853_thumb.jpg

Edited by BETRAYED

The kidney damage is a direct result of over 17 lithotripsies for the removal of kidney stones and also due to the kidney swelling because it was obstructed and could not drain.

The renal scan was not done by order of the VA, it was done by my request.

It took a year for me to get a appointment with a nephrologist, then I almost had to come to blows to get him to order the renal scan and a ultrasound of my kidney.

The way they make it sound is the VA initiated it.

A civilian urologist wanted it done three years ago, my 80 year old PCP under Tricare wouldn't do the referral to get it done.

So when I got into the VA med system I asked my PCP for a consult with a Nephrologist (like I said I waited a year for the appointment). Then I had to argue with him to get the test done, he just wanted to add more pills to my already extensive list of meds. I told him I want it evaluated so I can make up my mind about having it removed as suggested by at least three doctors in the past.

One of the long term effects of lithotripsies is scarring of the kidney, which in turn can cause hypertension. More than likley IMO the hypertension is secondary to the kidney damage.

I have proof to back up what I am saying and there are many other studies and articles written on the damage that lithotripsies cause

Edited by BETRAYED