Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Dva Changed The Wording On My Claim.

Rate this question

Guest Elmer

Question

Hi, I found out that the DVA has changed the wording of my claim. They changed it so instead of having two different service connected medical problems. They are combined as one and the wording is nothing like it was when filed. I first noticed this change, when my claim was being sent to the Board of Veterans' Appeal. I wrote a letter to the DVA and stated in the letter how the claim was writen when I filed it. I also requested that the letter be sent to the Board of Veterans' Appeal. They never made that change. Now the false wording has gone through the Board of Veterans' Appeal and the Court. I have an attorney. I found out the wording was not right when he sent me a copy of a letter they sent the DVA. I called him and told him the problem but he didn't sound like I have a way of getting it right. The DVA changed the wording in their favor. I know they have violated the law but what can I do? I sent a letter to my attorney with copies of the wording when the DAV and I filed the claim.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

:rolleyes: Things are getting a bit confusing, it appears you have gone through the process and you are now at the stage in bringing your case before the COVA. Is this correct?

Do you have another claim being reviewed at the BVA as well as remands to the VARO?

Terms best used here would be:

DAV-Disabled American Veterans

SO-Service Officer

VARO- Veteran Affairs Regional Office

BVA-Bureau Of Veteran Affairs

COVA-Court of Veteran Affairs

DVA-Department of Veteran Affairs

Please keep it simple and state what was the decision of the BVA? Letting us see the actual case ruling by the BVA would be helpfull, Then we will know what it is that your Attorney has to work with.

In the decision by the BVA, were there items remanded, as well as denied in their overal decision?

Jim S. :lol:

:rolleyes: Things are getting a bit confusing, it appears you have gone through the process and you are now at the stage in bringing your case before the COVA. Is this correct?

Do you have another claim being reviewed at the BVA as well as remands to the VARO?

Terms best used here would be:

DAV-Disabled American Veterans

SO-Service Officer

VARO- Veteran Affairs Regional Office

BVA-Bureau Of Veteran Affairs

COVA-Court of Veteran Affairs

DVA-Department of Veteran Affairs

Please keep it simple and state what was the decision of the BVA? Letting us see the actual case ruling by the BVA would be helpfull, Then we will know what it is that your Attorney has to work with.

In the decision by the BVA, were there items remanded, as well as denied in their overal decision?

Jim S. :lol:

Hi Jim S. This is all the same claim. It first went to the VARO. Them it went to the BVA. They remanded it back to the VARO to give me a C&P exam on my cervical spine. The VARO would not rate my cervical spine. They only put it together with headaches and did nothing. It went back to the BVA. I then had it sent on to the COVA. I then found an attorney that worked for me at the COVA. They agreed to send it back to the VARO. Now my attorney told me he doesn't think I can get a rating on my neck. I think it's because he failed to bring it up at the COVA. I kept asking him "are you trying to get me a rating on my neck" All he would tell me was it's being taken care of. Ya, being taken care of for the VA! I had two severe injuries to my neck while on active duty. I am service connected for my (severe) problems on my neck. My claim was filed in Sep, 1993. It stated Service connection for head injury to include headaches and neck condition. I have kept this claim active. I have also had four C&P exams on my cervical spine. The C&P doctors all state service connected and the doctors list all the problems. I just don't understand how this can be. Thanks again