Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I know this has been asked before so if you do not want to answer please just ignor the question. However, when is clothing allowance paid? Just to ward off the crowds I tried my search function but could not get it to work. Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky,

Clothing allowance is usually paid at the end of August-begining of Septemeber.

My clothing allowance has always been deposited in my bank account no later than August 31rst of each year.

Vike 17

Thanks Vike - I sent in my request today. However, I think I may have screwed the pooch by using the wrong form. I submitted a 21-8678 along with my civilian doctors statement indicating that he had issued the brace and the SC disability requiring its use. However, upon futher research I found that it should have been requested on a 10-8678 dated Mar 2006. Do you think this will stop payment for this year? or should I submitt the correct form tomorrow and hope it does not get things messed up ie... the ideal that I am trying to obtain two payments Vs the authorized one? I am confused now and don't know what to do. If 1 Aug is the cutoff I am getting pretty close. Thanks

Edited by Ricky