Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Docs Letters

Rate this question

SEJones

Question

Is there a form or an outline of what my doctor must say in a letter to get secondary condtions s/c? He is willing to write it but only once. So I need to get everything in the first time.

SE

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

What is SHML?

[sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy--a virus-associated disease?]

At least that is all I can find that uses the enitials SHML. Is this what you have, if so, I can see the difficulty in proving it was cause by being in the service.

It took a study to see the causal link to sailors who work the decks by grinding away old paint and rust by the VA to associate Sarcoidosis to these individuals. It probably will take a similiar study to get this added to the schedule of diseases for acceptance by the VA.

But isn't their some rule specific to Golf War Syndrome that covers non diagnosed diseases that Veterans from that war can use to by pass this problem of the VA not recognising your illness?

Jim S. ;)

Jim

That would be it. It is considered and autoimmune disease that then cause other autoimmune disorders. The problem we have had is not getting it s/c but with getting a rating afterwards. As far as what the VA is suppose to do about undiagnosed illnesses didn't work form me. Most dismissed it as all in my head. Well now they know it is. In my head, lungs, thyroid and it keeps going. And just in case you googled the old artilce that says it doesn't cause many problems, that is in children. Most adults need chemo and then it still keeps coming back. Some of the vets were even diagnosed in service and then were never told. This time I don't think they were trying to hide anything but just blew it off because they didn't know what it was. So the lab finds out but the doc never tells the patient because it wasn't the answer they were looking for.

SE

SE:I know how you feel, I have Sarcoidosis and it is said to usually go into remission and isn't a problem.

I have known three people on the enternet who would like to differ, only they are dead now. One was quite know in our community of Sarcoid survivors, they owned and opperated a web site as a support for other sufferers and survivors.

Little is known also about Sarcoidosis and what causes it, so to get SC, you have to be one of the select few that can show a causal link. That, I emagine is the difficulty you are haveing, as well recognizing it as a disease that can be attributed to time in the service.

I guess all I can say is, good luck and never give up.

Jim S. ;)