Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope

Rate this question

drt773

Question

Hope I'm not asking a stupid question. I'm new to this. I retired in April from the AF with 50%. I got my white envelope from the VA today I got 50% from them also. Am I correct that the VA will take 50% of AF pay and make it tax free and then whatever is left is taxed of my original pay and sent to me. Is that correct? My next question is my narrative in my letter states "Since there is likelihood of improvement, the assigned evaluation is not considered permanent and is subject to a future review exam," That means they can bring me back and say hey your doing better and reduce my percentage? at a later date? Thanks for any insight whatsoever. It would be greatly appreciated because I don't have a clue.

Donnie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Donnie - This is a great board and you will get advice from many senior monitors. However, I need to tell you to run not walk to a local VFW, DAV, AMVETS, or American Legion to obtain a Veterans Service Officer (VSO). In return they will guide you to obtain whatever benefits you are entitled to. I wish you well - and WELCOME TO HADIT.COM!

Keep the faith brother and thank you for serving.

Jerry O.

Donnie,

To answer part of your post,

"That means they can bring me back and say hey your doing better and reduce my percentage? at a later date? "

YES - this means you WILL have a future examination scheduled, probably in about 2 years.

Before you freak out, please realize your disabilities could also become worse, which if documented would allow for an increased evaluation.

jmho,

carlie