Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I retired in Aug 2000. I mid 2003 a set of symptoms that I was having was diagnosed as IBS. My civilian doc tested and treated for the next 18 months and then decided he could not find a reason for the IBS so I filed a claim in Aug 05 for presumptive SC for IBS due to service in GW1.

Finally in June 07 they get around to the claim and send me for an exam. The VA Doc says He had no abdominal problems prior to 2003. He has intermittent constipation, perhaps as much as two days a week and alternates with diarrhea which may be as frequent as five days in a row (I REPORTED CONSTANT INTERMITTENT CONSTIPATION WITH ALTERNATING DIARRHEA). His abdomen has some fullness, mild tenderness in the mid to lower aspect. He describes bloating. Bowel sounds are present. DIAGNOSIS: Irritable bowel syndrome. He attributes this to his military service because he is not aware of another provoking factor. However, irritable bowel syndrome in most cases is idiopathic or without known cause.

No opinion, no likely as, no nothing. nearly an 8 hour round trip for nothing. The reason that I say this is that I know my RO. Eventhough this was a request for IBS on a presumptive basis they will say "the doctor reported that your IBS was idiopathic or without known cause, therefore, since it did not present itself during your military service yada yada yada, service connection is denied.

At no time did I try to justtify this as a direct SC issue........ Now what this will result in a another 8 hour round trip 18 months from now when they get to my NOD because the exam will need to be updated.

Oh well, I guess you lose some and win some. I just wish I could win a few with these idiots!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet