Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Colas For Next Year

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

does anyone know where it stands right now for the next COLA I have seen 2 numbers 2.3% or 2.8% hey that .5% makes a difference lol I appreciate the number crunchers that know how to figure it out I know Spetember is the number they use for the actual increase call it curiousty

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pete;

Don't do it (Drop part Bee). Va will kill you in Spokane. No ER after 4:30.

If you are retired from the military u have to keep part "B" for Tricare to cover you also. So when I got SSA Disabilty I went from paying 230 a year to 93 a month. Saving me money....Ha ha

But on the good side, I go to the Local Hospital without any bills and forget the VA when very sick. Otherwise I have to deal with sometimes poor care (sometimes it's good too). It's not 100% good. Ie some of the Dr's don't care or blow you off.

I am retired, and have a monthly deduction from my check to pay for tricare, are you saying that if I get my SSDI approved I will have to pay 93 a month for Part B? WTH is part b? 93 a month I could live with if there are no copays on anything, and I can pick any doctor or hospital

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Guest Dataman

Betrayed;

When U have 2 years with SSA your eligable for "Part B". Normall you can opt out. They take the money out of your SSA Pay before you get it.

But....

If your retired military. By law you have to have "part b" or Tricare will not cover you.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/ProfileFi...Plans%2FForLife

Sorry about the LONG URL

Uniformed services beneficiaries entitled to Medicare Part A are required by law to have Medicare Part B coverage to retain their TRICARE benefits with one exception (active duty)

When the active duty service member retires, family members must have Medicare Part B coverage in place upon the date of retirement to avoid loss of TRICARE benefits.

Yes you can go to any Dr that takes Medicare (harder to find now). Do not get the Part D you don't need it (Drug Benefit).

Warning: They have been known to sign you up for Part D. Without your asking or knowing until you try to get drugs filled.

I got Part B when I was 42 and took years for Tricare to stop trying to collect the 460 a year. Every year I had to un fubar the Tricare System. Last year they dropped me because I did not pay. Gee it's free except for the 93 bucks a year I pay....

Hopefully this year they get it right. Only been 7 years. Maby.....

Edited by Dataman

So after 2 years of being on SSDI I will be eligible for part B? What about Part A?

and I thought DVA C&P was confusing..............

you said

I got Part B when I was 42 and took years for Tricare to stop trying to collect the 460 a year. Every year I had to un fubar the Tricare System. Last year they dropped me because I did not pay. Gee it's free except for the 93 bucks a year I pay....Hopefully this year they get it right. Only been 7 years. Maby.....

you talking 460 a year for tricare coverage? I dont need tricare coverage when I come under SSDI? Now it cost you 93 bucks a year for ?????? Tricare of Part B ???????

More friggin red tape and more chinesse bullcrap to decipher :)

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

Dataman you got your data output ascrew, one post you say 93 a month and in another post you said 93 a year............which is it?

I am so fricked P'd over this...............go in do 20 years and we will pay your medical for the rest of your life............................. Glad I never fell for any of the other bull, the check is in the mail, I wont _________ in your ___________.....................................................................

--------------------------------------------------- now I got to go medicate myself to calm down

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Its 93 a month for Medicare Part B I think they raise it every year. They really don't want poor people to get a Cola.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I got a ?. in 6 months i will have 2 years on ssd. so I know I am going to get some kind of health coverage. right now I only use the va hospital for my meds and all other medical services. its free. and my wife and children use champva. can someone tell me my options when i hit 2 years on ssd. how much is it going to cost does it cover my whole family or just me. do i have to take ssd medical coverage. I know it effects champva for wife and kids but how. I am kinda lost on this subject. i do live about 80 miles from the va hospital. but i was told if it is a emergency and i have to go to a local hospital the va would pick up the tab. I do like the champva for wife and kids they can go to any doctor. so what kind of options are there. thanks