VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shady - Angioedema

Rate this question

Hoppy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks- I am back online. What a hassle it has been I will put a post on social chat later. Shady sent me a personal message that needs to be addressed. I will catch up on what I missed as I go.

Shady, I tried to respond to your message and got an error message.

Were you diagnosed with angioedema or were any symptoms of rashes, swelling. allergy, etc noted in your SMR. Your message indicated that they said you had a heriditary form of the disease. This is a coomon error made by many doctors. The only way they can determine if you have the heriditary form is if they do a blood study and you have low levels of C1-esterase. This is a blood protien.

See www.emedicine.com/med/byname/c1-esterase-deficiency.htm

There are several other forms that are considered a combination of heriditary pre-disposition and recurrent exposure to common foods, biological substances and man made chemicals. All forms can be service connected. However, they are not automatically service connected and there are certian types of the disease that cannot be service connected. Do you know what causes or triggers your swelling events?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet