Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctors Credentials

Rate this question

Tower_Rat

Question

Does anyone know if the VA accepts doctors credentials from other countries without having to be certified in the states when they get to the hospital they are going to work at?

I've scoured the internet for this psychiatrists medical certification. The only thing I came up with was a denial for examiner in Georgia by their medical board for that state. Also his credentials just don't show up for any state. It worries me because of course I go to Marion VA and this guy left right before all that stuff happened. No explanation, they wouldn't say why he left. I know that they were investigating all that stuff before they let it out on the news, maybe he saw it coming and left the VA before they could do anything to him. I think its odd that i can't find his license anywhere from any state in the US

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know if the VA accepts doctors credentials from other countries without having to be certified in the states when they get to the hospital they are going to work at?

I've scoured the internet for this psychiatrists medical certification. The only thing I came up with was a denial for examiner in Georgia by their medical board for that state. Also his credentials just don't show up for any state. It worries me because of course I go to Marion VA and this guy left right before all that stuff happened. No explanation, they wouldn't say why he left. I know that they were investigating all that stuff before they let it out on the news, maybe he saw it coming and left the VA before they could do anything to him. I think its odd that i can't find his license anywhere from any state in the US

I asked similar question Oct 11 and got responses. Berta shared this, hope it helps,cg

You can also try http://www.healthgrades.com/consumer/index...CFUtyOAodwj4M2to get a rundown on many doctors who work at the VA and in private practice.

There is a fee-

It cost me about 15 bucks to get a rundown on a VA C & P doc and then a local vet's private doctor and the printouts sent to VA proved his Private doctor's credentials fully outweighed the VA internist's in the specific field of his disability. He ultimately won his claim.

Not all VA docs are on there at health greades but many are-

Edited by cowgirl