Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changing Service Organization Representation

Rate this question

Robert12

Question

I'm needing to change representation on my claims from American Legion to VFW. Anybody know what is involved and how to go about it? I'm waiting for a DRO SOC and expect to go into appeals. Would like to make the switch before I file the appeal.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I haven't been able to get in touch with my AL SO since my original meeting with him on October 19th. I have faxed him some documents and called his office numerous times. Today was the second time the girl answering the phone actually put me through to the SO's secretary. She told me my file is on his desk, fax inside, and she doesn't know if he has even looked at it or not.

I told her that if I am not able to communicate with him and he doesn't have time to read my file, return my calls or help me, then I would appreciate it if he would let me know so that I can get a representative who does have time.

I know they are incredibly busy but if they can't even look at your file, communicate with you and so on, the case is going nowhere... thats what I told her.

She said she would leave my phone numbers "in the middle of his desk" (thats what they said when I sent the fax two weeks ago) with a note that I was a little upset.

Do I change SO's NOW or wait and see?

Not too happy here so I understand your plight for sure.

Judy