Chantix Is Available At Va Hospitals

Rate this topic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this stuff is great. I smoked for 14 years and took this Chantix for one month (supposed to take it for 3 months) but I really wanted to quit and it works. I have been smoke free for 11 mos. If you REALLY want to quit this stuff is great.

I just noticed that the link I supplied didn't work in my first post. That article tells you how to get the med through the VA if your doctor says they don't prescribe it. Here's the link again.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/466399/chantix_available_at_us_veterans_hospitals.html

I hope you are right, because tomorrow will be my first day of not smoking. I take the last pill in the first week tonite.

Man this stuff is great. I smoked for 14 years and took this Chantix for one month (supposed to take it for 3 months) but I really wanted to quit and it works. I have been smoke free for 11 mos. If you REALLY want to quit this stuff is great.

sorry I read your post wrong. I wish you all the luck in the world it has been great for me except I put on 30 lbs because food tastes better. Get some sugar free gum and when you get that feeling chew it up. My dad asked me if I had gotten my gum out of the toilet, I said no why, he said your chewing the s**t out of it! I asked him which was better, gum or smokes...........he shut up

• HadIt.com Elder

Please don't drink while you are taking this medication. In Dallas a young musician after taking it and drinking was killed by a homeowner when he was beating on the door cause he thought it was his house. The kid was 6'6" and the homeowner shot high to scare the crazy person.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.