Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For A&a

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello All:

My brother has an upcoming C&P next week for A&A.

How do i prepare him for this exam. Since i will be taking him for this exam.

Since he filed earlier this year he has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Liver Cancer and is Mentally Handicaped and recieves a NSC Pension of which they the VA are now trying to take away. [ he got the letter last month] and i'm planning to appeal this action]

Thanks!!

Jessie

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a C&P for A&A last February and it was quite comprehensive. Usual advice of not over dressing and answering questions as if he was at home and a regular day for him. From your description I do not think he should have a problem getting it.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I had a C&P for A&A last February and it was quite comprehensive. Usual advice of not over dressing and answering questions as if he was at home and a regular day for him. From your description I do not think he should have a problem getting it.

Good Luck

Thanks Pete53!!

Jessie

Hello Pete:

My brother had his C&P for A&A today. I think it went really well.

Had a very nice and caring Dr to do the exam. She ask a lot of questions and told me to join in anytime, and she did a long physical exam. And even noted he was very weak. Didn't help that he had had 10 hours of Chemo the day before, He walked in but i had to take him out in a wheel chair. She sent me out for the wheel chair.

She said if the issue was for her to decide she would give it to him.

I hope they make a decision soon. I would like to see him with the extra before he dies.

Jessie

Before my Uncle died, I got so much "bad information" from VSOs, etc about A&A eligibility requirements.... it made me sick when I found-out the truth. Oh well, Hospice helped him die, peacefully.

1968 Nam Vet

So sorry about your Uncle and all the bad information you were given. I hope this won't be a repeat!!

jessie