Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Fight Is On!

Rate this question

OIF 03

Question

I need help very badly, I am a Iraqi Freedom veteran from 03-04 who served in Baghdad as an MP in some of the toughest conditions in the war. I filed claims for PTSD, Back, and Tenitus and all of them were denied today. I am not in a very good state right now. I have fellow soldiers that were in combat situations with me that have gotten compensation so why not me? I will give some reasons why they denied my PTSD claim in hopes of everyone's knowledge of how to attack my NOD which I definitely plan on filing immediately!!

1. They said they never received records from my private shrink but yet they mention in the body of denial about medical evidence they have obtained from CBHA which is the very office he works for!! (Conflicting)

2. They said that because I was treated in the past for depression before my deployment which they conclude they can't say whether or not a stressor occured in combat

3. They say because no awards stating I was in combat were awarded to me was another reason, and that my accounts of what took place were vague, (not vague enough to have nightmares

about them on a daily basis.)

These are some examples of what was stated, but the most ironic thing is that the VA doctor that examined me diagnosed me with PTSD!!! I don't understand?? The other two claims I will also appeal but the PTSD denial really angers me. Other soldiers who were right next to me when the bullets were flying got compensated so what is wrong with me? Aside from filing the NOD I could sure use some help with the process. Thank you in advance OIF 03

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question