Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My C-file Today

Rate this question

donews

Question

I called yesterday to inquire about my C-File request that I sent in on Feb 4, 2008. They told me that the ROI office was slammed and it is taking an average of 60 days to get them. They told me mine was in processing and would be about another 30 days or so.

TODAY ... Fedex drops a large box on my porch.... Its my C-File

Stacking it next to a ream of copy paper it appears to be about 1000 pages.

So far I realize that it only contains my entrance and exit physical exams and a dental record. According to them thats the whole of my Service Medical Records.

I ran a fast glance thru some decisions and the rational and evidence they used and I am shocked at how blatent they are about ignoring even the evidence that they themselves produce for a claim.

I guess I have a ton of reading ahead of me and I better get my son to go to the office supplie store for highlighters and arrow stickies.

It is pretty amazing amazing what notes they write in the margins of pages and such.

Does anyone know where else SMRs might be stored?

The reason I ask is the C-File only has the above mentioned records and the St Louis records center said the VARO had all of them. So according to the Army and the VA I never received any medical care what so ever while I was enlisted (which by the way is who haa).

Donewsome

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I borrowed this from a post Wings graciously sent me. God Bless, cg

See also Location of Military Personnel and Medical Records

http://www.cufon.org/CRG/memo/219.html#ARMY

Complete menu of the National Personnel records Center's (NPRC) formal operating instructions supplied by NARA. http://www.cufon.org/CRG/memo/Menu_FULL.htm

I called yesterday to inquire about my C-File request that I sent in on Feb 4, 2008. They told me that the ROI office was slammed and it is taking an average of 60 days to get them. They told me mine was in processing and would be about another 30 days or so.

TODAY ... Fedex drops a large box on my porch.... Its my C-File

Stacking it next to a ream of copy paper it appears to be about 1000 pages.

So far I realize that it only contains my entrance and exit physical exams and a dental record. According to them thats the whole of my Service Medical Records.

I ran a fast glance thru some decisions and the rational and evidence they used and I am shocked at how blatent they are about ignoring even the evidence that they themselves produce for a claim.

I guess I have a ton of reading ahead of me and I better get my son to go to the office supplie store for highlighters and arrow stickies.

It is pretty amazing amazing what notes they write in the margins of pages and such.

Does anyone know where else SMRs might be stored?

The reason I ask is the C-File only has the above mentioned records and the St Louis records center said the VARO had all of them. So according to the Army and the VA I never received any medical care what so ever while I was enlisted (which by the way is who haa).

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!