Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Activedutysoldier....please Help Me

Rate this question

topsecret1120

Question

I was injured in Iraq the in 2003...since I have went thru lots of treatment....I had phisical theropy, electric some-thing, chropractor, Spinal injections, root sleeve and have seen a neuro surgeon, had 3 MRI's....the MRI's say

1. T5-6, T6-7, T8-9, are herniated

it says....the worst is T8/9 it is the greatest...it says the protrusion effacesthe thecal sac anteriorly and abuts the thoracic cord.

2. L4-5, and L5-S have broad based disc bulge with no significant canal or foraminal stenosis apperciated on either...

I have tried to tough this thing out...but at first it was alot of pain with some down my left leg....and after alot of injections I even deployed back to Iraq for a second tour...

Now I have been feeling lots of pain in my chest....like a heart attack....

I am asking for some quality advice...

This injury hurts all day every day...now you add my chest...hip and leg hurts...

I just don't know what they are gonna give me for benifits...and I just had my 1st baby...

I JUST WANNA GET A GOOD % , BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM FALLING APART....I HAVE 11 YRS IN SERVICE AND I AM A SFC (E7)....

ANY ADVICE????????????????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

rdawg

How old are you?

This to let folks know disc herniation is not necessarily the end of your athletic days. I can go 320 with a little wind at my back. Good considering I am 59, about as flexible as a light post and took up the game 12 months ago. Also, the C-4 and ridiculopathy has caused significant loss of grip strength and a condition similar to carpal tunnel. I get no power from my wrists. I cock or flex my wrist just enough to get good position at the top. Wrist pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain and neck pain are a daily occurance. The weather was beautiful here today and I would of played except I had to give my body a rest.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.