Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain In Groin

Rate this question

ddj6969

Question

I am preparing my application for disability for constant pain in my groin. Can someone direct me to the area in Title 38 where pain in the groin is covered.

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I am preparing my application for disability for constant pain in my groin. Can someone direct me to the area in Title 38 where pain in the groin is covered.

Thanks

Have you had any diagnosis as to what is causing the pain?

Donewsome

• HadIt.com Elder

pain in groin is not a diagnosis and they don;t have a number for it, is it from a hernia, cancer, did your spouse kick you there, they want a few more specifics than you are offering MRI's Cat Scans anything showing what is causing the pain?

pain in groin is not a diagnosis and they don;t have a number for it, is it from a hernia, cancer, did your spouse kick you there, they want a few more specifics than you are offering MRI's Cat Scans anything showing what is causing the pain?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

DDJ - pain within itself is not something the VA pays disability compensation for. They do consider pain as a contributing factor but one must be diagnosed with a disability that has a nexus to your military service before a claim can be successful. Based upon your original post please go to your doctor and discuss this issue. Ask if he can pinpoint the cause of the pain. If so and you have an inservice injury or disease which is related to the diagnosis then you can prepare and submit a successful claim for disability compensation.

I have a claim pending for frequent urination. On the copies of my SMR's there is a complaint of groin pain along with the frequent urination. I did not submit anything for groin pain to the VA but this week I recieved a letter stating the VA needs more info. to process my request for groin pain. I guess I will send them a letter stating the groin pain is caused by the frequent urination? They did say the frequent urination claim is being worked and the second letter was focused solely on my recent claim for groin pain which I never made.

A second question:In the section of the lettter where it talks about getting evidence it states "Relevant records not held by and Federal agency. This may include records from State or local governments, private doctors and hospitals, or current or former employers." Any idea what this means?