Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

dwilli12

Question

30% SC (10% - Lt foot surg, 10% - Rt foot surg, 10% - Laceration w/scar Rt thigh, 0%- multiple conditions)

Just had C&P exam for sleep apnea, already had two sleep studies w diagnosis AFTER retirement (20 yrs USAF), buddy letters and wife affadavits, secondary to GERD which is 0% SC already. I took the CPAP to the C&P, the provider laughed good naturedly and asked if it was "show and tell" today. I said "Yes, ma'm!" I expect 50% for the SA for a total of 50% + 5% + 4.5% + 4.05 % = 63.55% rounded down to 60%. Puts me in range for CRDP and some retro as well.

Its been 2.5 years since I filed for SA and it's been denied twice. AMVETS rep has kept it alive by asking for more evidence and IMEs and requesting reconsideration instead of formal appeal. This C&P is the first movement I have seen on the VBA's part that was not stonewall. This might work out after all.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

What would be really interesting is a study on the vet population vs civilians to see if there is a significant diference in rates of people with SA.

All the odd hours, poor sleep environments, and physical injuries that service members pick up should push our rates higher.

Nah, they would never do the study, to much money for the government to loose.

how many people on the board with sleep apnea have some type of S/C back injury?

Best regards,

Tyler

:lol:

I think it may be both- our society at large is suffering this condition more and more, with the vets leading the way!

Heck I thought you zoomies could not sleep at night because you slept all throughout the duty day! hahahahahahaha just kidding - I rag my son every day of his life - he is at his 16 year mark in the AF.

What was the reason provided in the rating decision for the denial. Most SA claims are cut and dry. You have it and you use a CPAP. Pretty simple ain't it.