VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Rep Problem

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

My local vet rep asked me to help one of his vets in 2004-

It was a Sec 1151 and the local vet rep had limited experiencewith 1151s.

I prepared a NOD with some med evidence from the VA med recs-to support the claim and then I found basis for additional SC claim worth much more than the 1151 and prepared that claim and attached evidence-

The vet rep gave the vet envelope (never made copies) and the vet sent the claims in-they are being processed-

Two weeks ago the vet rep -I an still so angry I can hardly think- called the vet into his office and strongly suggested that the vet find other representation-I found this out yesterday-

The vet rep wrote a statement on a 21-4138 and had the vet sign it- but it was a rescinding of the POA-

The vet was very upset as this all hit him by surprise but he didnt know what to do and signed the form with the statement-this is an elderly veteran with multiple disabilities-I feel he was coerced-

I took immediate action-and My vet rep's boss emailed me late last night that he is going to try to stave this off in the VA data base-

I sent the vet an additional 21-22 just in case-

The local vet rep seemed to not understand the claims, nor made any attempt to -he never advised the veteran to get an IMO or even a copy of his recent C & P-

I prepared a cover letter to his doc and the format for the IMO-

and the veteran is going to the VAMC today for a copy of his recent C & P-

It was for asbestos- apparently it only took a few minutes but as he was leaving the C & P doctor asked him what the C & P was for- ???

when he said asbestos exposure the doc asked him a few more questions- that was it----

the vet rep had opportunity to tell him to get a copy- he was right down the road from the VAMC in the VA complex-2 weeks ago but this vet was intimidated to sign something he didnt want.

Please dont let some vet rep do this to any veteran-

they usually want the claim to go to the BVA just to get it off their desk-

if a vet rep can coerce a vet into rescinding their POA-(and let's face it-they hold a position with some authority) that will get the claim off their desk too---and the vet is forced to get other representation-even if they dont want to- like this above veteran-

I await a call from the vet rep-good thing he wasn't there yesterday- I have calmed down a bit-

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Another reason we should be able to hire attorneys. I counted no less than 8 violations of federal code by the VA pertaining to my brain injury claim. My SO caught none of them. I have to learn Federal Law to to get my claim approved in a timely manner. Or wait years to go to court when I can hire an attorny.

Time