VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gathering Evidence To Prosecute Your Ptsd Claim.

Rate this topic

luv2fly

Hi everyone...... recently i received a message from another vet here on the board about my post indicating i received a rating of 100% P/T SC for PTSD as of this past 3 Nov.

In a previous post i mentioned gathering "evidence" as in "new and material evidence" and credited this material along with a cogent,compelling "statement in support of claim" for my 100% P/T award.

BTW,i've never considered myself as having to battle the VA,but rather,learning to "work" within the system

and simply giving the VA all that they require keeping in mind that more is better as long as it's germaine to your case of course.

Prior to being being awarded 100% P/T SC for PTSD i was rated 50% PTSD plus 10% for tinnitus which is exactly the same rating as the aforementioned vet.

Evidence for VA purposes are things such as:

Any increse(s) in current medications and/or the addition of new medications.

Attendance at PTSD group therapy meetings.

Seeing your psych as often as possible.

Seeing a VA Social Worker.

When requesting an increse for PTSD you WILL be scheduled for a C & P exam so you NEED to prepare yourself for that part of the process as well.

At my C & P exam i brought copies of a few important things i felt the examiner needed to see just in case what i'd sent to VA hadn't made it into my C-file but as it turned out everything was there as verbally verified by my examiner.

You can get a copy of the PTSD C & P exam online and i strongly urge you to do so in order to know just what to expect.

In my humble opinion there are far too many vets who fail themselves because they have no familiarization at all with 38 CFR,COVA rulings,etc. thereby doing themselves and their families a great disservice so put down the TV remote,get off the couch/recliner and get moving!.....hey.....it's only your benefits at stake!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic