Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss

Rate this question

highlander1s

Question

I have rec'd SC hearing loss 0% and 10% tinitus. My hearing has dropped since I got the claim and the tinitus has gotten worse. My company gives hearing test yearly so I can get a IMO from the Audiologist. How hard will it be to get some type of % for hearing loss if I refile or do you have to be totally deaf to recieve that.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If you are still in the NOD filing time frame, NOD the hearing loss decision and then refer them to the attached audio report from your employer.

I assume they gave you "0" SC for hearing loss and not "0" NSC.

The rating schedule for hearing loss is here under a search-it depends on the entire decibel values which I assume the audiologist fully documented.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I have rec'd SC hearing loss 0% and 10% tinitus. My hearing has dropped since I got the claim and the tinitus has gotten worse. My company gives hearing test yearly so I can get a IMO from the Audiologist. How hard will it be to get some type of % for hearing loss if I refile or do you have to be totally deaf to recieve that.

in relation to the tinnitus i fought the va for an increase in my 10% tinnitus. VA wrote back to me and said based on federal law

you cannot have bi lateral tinnitus. game over. okay so a fight breaks out between me and va

I said yes i have bi lateral tinnitus. VA again writes back to me and says in the first letter we said no and further you are at the maximum rating of 10% that we give for tinnitus. i said i disagree and i dont like you or your rating system!! yeah thats what i told em in my letter point blank aND BLUNTLY

so i filed an appeal then they write back and quote a federal case to me wanner v principi not sure if this is the case they cited the supreme court said you only get one rating of 10% for tinnitus

well i didn't like that court case decision either OR THE VA'S ATTITUDE!!

so i got mad AGAIN filed another appeal ON TOP OF THAT APPEAL GOT A LAWYER with an ime and well the rest is just history i,m lookin at years of fighting with the fed

I DON'T LIKE THE VA NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL I USE MY MEDICARE CARD I DONT USE THE VA FOR ANYTHING

HOPE THIS HELPS I BELIEVE VETERANS CAN HAVE AND DO HAVE BI LATERAL TINNITUS ITS A PROVEN FACT SO A VETERAN

SHOULD GET 10% FOR THE LEFT EAR AND 10% FOR THE RIGHT EAR 20% COMBINED

NOW IF YOUR REALLY HAVE BAD TINNITUS THEN THE VETERAN SHOULD GO STRAIGHT TO A 100% SCHEDULAR

THE VA DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY THATS FINE BECUZ APPEALS NOD'S ECT APPEAL 9'S ARE FREE DONT COST NUTHIN EITHER

GOOD LUCK KEEP UP THE FIGHT