• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing, Etc.

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

Now that my case has been sent back to the BVA from the U.S. Veterans Court based on my motion for reconsideration being granted I have a last push to do. I have sixty days to send in any new evidence including the time period after their initial decision which was in March 2008. I have a ton of data to send on that end so I am covered there.

The second piece is a hearing with the BVA and or audio cassette testimony from my wife and I. My evidence is pretty strong and I didn't have a hearing the first time because I thought it would prolong my case. I guess not have a hearing the first time actually screwed me because they may have caught their error before making their decision. I am not sure at this point if I should request a hearing or make audio cassette testimony from my wife and myself. It seems like they don't view our own testimony as being worthy.

Has any had a hearing with the BVA that impacted a decision? Should I have the hearing so that I add a human element to this?

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes well I thought I was just crazy when I got my decision. I plummeted into depression. I couldn't believe with evidence like that I stayed at 20%.

The surgery is being done by a civilian pain clinic. I still have insurance and I like and trust my doctor. The VA would scare me for any surgery honestly LOL. Actually in CT we have it pretty good. Our West Haven hospital partners with Yale so the care there is good. The bad thing for me though is that it's an hour a way. Newington campus is about 15 minutes from me. It used to be a full hospital with an ER and everything. Cuts years ago made it into just a day clinic.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington