Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going In For C&p Increase In Ptsd

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

Hey there, will be going in on next week, this time no holding back, going to lay it all out there on my inital i was worried about what they would think, label me crazy....well now after working with my therapist i know i have to be honest with these doc's. The bad thing is you know how draining reliving these moments can be, and all of this on my b-day. This is when they scheduled me. Thanks to you guys and gals on the board also who help push us vets that need it to open up, it is difficult i never wanna be vulnerable, but to be compensated properly i know i have to let it all out. Any words of encouragement or advice will be most welcomed. Thanks to all.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

YOU CAN DO THIS! Take someone with you if you can. Someone who can handle seeing you like this, and can drive you home.

Hey there, will be going in on next week, this time no holding back, going to lay it all out there on my inital i was worried about what they would think, label me crazy....well now after working with my therapist i know i have to be honest with these doc's. The bad thing is you know how draining reliving these moments can be, and all of this on my b-day. This is when they scheduled me. Thanks to you guys and gals on the board also who help push us vets that need it to open up, it is difficult i never wanna be vulnerable, but to be compensated properly i know i have to let it all out. Any words of encouragement or advice will be most welcomed. Thanks to all.

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle

• HadIt.com Elder

Just get off by yourself and calm down. Instead of thinking about how hard it will be, think about how good it will be for you and yours, telling them the truth now will only help you, no matter how long it takes! Besides that, all the folks here at hadit have your back.

Thanks Belle that thought has already crossed my mind.... I have a week to go and i am already way to worked up with anixety.

We should be angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken.

SouthernBelle