VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On P@t

Rate this question

Raven

Question

I AM CURRENTLY AT 90% BASED ON THE RATING SCALE (70,50,20,10,10,10). I HAVE FILED AN INCREASE IN ONE OF MY 10% AREAS (migraines)- the CP exam and my PCM report reflect the correct wording to bring that area to 50%- This should bring me to 100% based on the rating scale.

I have not worked since Jul 04, when the military medically retired me for depression (after 24 YOS). I have not filed for IU in efforts to get my rating scale to 100 so I can get full concurrent receipt.

My question is how does one get the VA to call me 100% P&T so my childern and wife can go to school? Any suggestions and comments are welocme

Raven B)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I AM CURRENTLY AT 90% BASED ON THE RATING SCALE (70,50,20,10,10,10). I HAVE FILED AN INCREASE IN ONE OF MY 10% AREAS (migraines)- the CP exam and my PCM report reflect the correct wording to bring that area to 50%- This should bring me to 100% based on the rating scale.

I have not worked since Jul 04, when the military medically retired me for depression (after 24 YOS). I have not filed for IU in efforts to get my rating scale to 100 so I can get full concurrent receipt.

My question is how does one get the VA to call me 100% P&T so my childern and wife can go to school? Any suggestions and comments are welocme

Raven B)

Most vets request P & by letter and add any evidence they have that would support this-

It is always great to have a medical opinion that you are P & T-

have they ever considered you for it yet?

If they did and denied- the wording they used might contain a clue as to what you need-

Also any vet turned down for Voc Rehab-by VA- has bonafide proof that- if they are un -vocrehab-able- they cannot be employed.

Do you have those military medical records? WOW 24 years- I can certainly undertstand why you would want to retain full Concurrent Receipt.

Berta, thanks for the info- speaking of Voch Rehab- I just got recently turned down- had to go to a voch rehab shrink- he did a 4 page report stating I was not worth a crap- I was waiting on my most current claim to complete before I send in the voch rehad denial- was holding it back incase my claim was denied and I had to ask for the IU deal

I have all my records- 2 vol thick- I guess I did it all the right way and started going to the doctor evertime I felt bad (started when I hit year 20)

I also have just filled SSDI- should of done it a long time ago but it is hard to get motivated at the 70% depression level. In fact SS called me this morning and want to send me to one of their shrinks

I have read many of your post and you give wonderful advice- In fact, this is about what I do all day and check this site every few hours for more info.

At least one good thing came out of being medically retired verses normal retirement- medical retirement is protected from USFSPA division- saved me a few bucks

Thanks for the info

Raven

"he did a 4 page report stating I was not worth a crap"

well piss on him- your value to me and other veterans here with claims is beyond his ability to assess-

This actually will be good evidence-Raven- if you need it for TDIU- and I am very glad you applied for SSDI. If a 100% or TDIU decision comes from VA first that will help the SSA claim and vice versa-SSA award can help a VA TDIU claim. This Vocrehab report should help with the SSA too-

If it does I will take back what I said and I would want to Kiss him!