Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Back Problems

Rate this question



I hurt my back in the army and i am currently at 20% for my back. The problem is that i can't do the things that i used to do. The problem is that i used to do construction because it payed good. Now i do office work but only pays 5.15 per hour. I have a family and it is hard to support them on this kind of pay. Is there anything that i can do? (currently using gi bill and going to school full time) Some people have told me to write a letter to va telling them about my problems with work and not being able to do the former things that i used to do. Any ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

Being 20 percent you qualify for Vocational Rehab because of SC back problem. Also you have veterans preference in obtaining federal employment. Go to www.usa jobs.com and search the jobs you may qualify for near you. You may also file for an increase in your condition if it has worsened or if it has effected your employment. The VA may also offer some type of Job Placement service. It is worth a try. I think VOC rehab pays you a monthly salary and pays for the training also. ALso I believe you get full benefits including dental while your on the program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use