VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Problems

Rate this question

schauba

Question

I hurt my back in the army and i am currently at 20% for my back. The problem is that i can't do the things that i used to do. The problem is that i used to do construction because it payed good. Now i do office work but only pays 5.15 per hour. I have a family and it is hard to support them on this kind of pay. Is there anything that i can do? (currently using gi bill and going to school full time) Some people have told me to write a letter to va telling them about my problems with work and not being able to do the former things that i used to do. Any ideas.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Being 20 percent you qualify for Vocational Rehab because of SC back problem. Also you have veterans preference in obtaining federal employment. Go to www.usa jobs.com and search the jobs you may qualify for near you. You may also file for an increase in your condition if it has worsened or if it has effected your employment. The VA may also offer some type of Job Placement service. It is worth a try. I think VOC rehab pays you a monthly salary and pays for the training also. ALso I believe you get full benefits including dental while your on the program.