Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prematurely At Rating Board

Rate this question

mags1023

Question

My rep checked at DC HQ to see where my appeal was and they said my record was still in St Pete and with a Rater for other issues I have pending. After they decide on that, they will begin the process for my appeal on the other issues.

My problem is that I returned my VCAA letter within 5 days and informed them I had further information to submit. I prepared a thorough case on the issues that are with the Rater right now and they didn't wait the 30 days after my VCAA to start the rating process. Should I send the package in any way?? My rep is saying not to, because I could slow the process, but I don't want to get denied because the evidence wasn't all there. What do you all think??

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

-I think your rep is and idiot. Now if you were submitting a new claim I would agree with him/her.

-Although your claim is with a rater that does not mean it is being rated at this time. Although the VA can issue a rating at anytime it normally takes quite a bit of time.

-You submitting additional evidence is both proper and smart as it could mean the difference between a win and a denial on the issues at hand.

-All of this is assuming that you have issues that have been denied and ready for BVA action????

-I think your rep is and idiot. Now if you were submitting a new claim I would agree with him/her.

-Although your claim is with a rater that does not mean it is being rated at this time. Although the VA can issue a rating at anytime it normally takes quite a bit of time.

-You submitting additional evidence is both proper and smart as it could mean the difference between a win and a denial on the issues at hand.

-All of this is assuming that you have issues that have been denied and ready for BVA action????

Thanks Ricky. These are digestive issues that have never been rated before, so I guess they are new. I am trying to get them rated as secondary to the NSAIDs I have been on for years due to SC conditions. Once they decide on these issues, they will move my appeal forward. I submitted these issues prior to being denied for my lumbar spine.

Mags1023

Mags

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

If this is evidence to support a new claim not already before the rater, It will probably slow down the processing and rating of your present claim before the rater now. If it is additional evidence to help support a current claim before the rater, then by all means submit the additional evidence in support of that claim.

Rockhound Rider B)

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

If this is evidence to support a new claim not already before the rater, It will probably slow down the processing and rating of your present claim before the rater now. If it is additional evidence to help support a current claim before the rater, then by all means submit the additional evidence in support of that claim.

Rockhound Rider B)

Thanks Rockhound. It is definitely evidence for the claim before the rater right now. Ticks me off. I spent 2 weeks refining the letter and putting all of the enclosures together. I will definitely send it in tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can put some kind of code on it to ensure it gets to the Rater?? I know to put my claim number on it, but was wondering if I should highlight for the mail room that it needs to get to the rater who has my claim now.

s/Mags

s/ Mags

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Ricky, I don't see how this is going to slow down or speed up your claims. If the RO did there job correct you most likely have a marker at the BVA keeping your place in line and awaiting your claims folder/copy of.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi maqs, the information on the va letter that specifically mentioned your claim should have some preparers initials usually seperated by a slash. Form letters dont show this information that I can see, but the specific letters regards your claim usually have 'clues' claim #s and/or initials. There is also a number on the top right of forms I think, that alng with ssan should get you there. GUess you could always call the office and ask who to specifically send the info to per the initials?

Best to ya,

Cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!