VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Goldmon Eye Test/ 90% Vision Lost

Rate this question

Mark

Question

Goldmon Eye Test/ 90% vision lost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went in today for my C&P exam for vision loss. I have a 90% of vision on a permonent basis and when I have a migraine headache my vision is lost for up to 4 to 5 days at a time for a total 100% loss of vision in one. The Dr is going to give me a "Goldmon Eye Test Nex week and then I will be rated. Anybody care to help me understand what this might end up being rated. I am currently 100% scheduler, the Dr said he will be writing this as a P&T issue. I saw a neurologist yesterday as part of this issue and he said the same this. P&T for sure. I am rated 50% for migraines and that is as high as that rating goes.

R/

Mark

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Berta,

Nice to see a reply from you. I understand that this will be a rating on top of my existing current 100% sceduler rating. I also discussed with my VA neurologist and eye Dr that when I show up for my eye test I may be either partially or completely blind that day - it all depends on what day I have a migraine headache. When I have the migraine headaches I can have a vision loss for up to 5 days after an attack and when it comes back it is only partial at best. Describing it as looking through a straw is really being generous; it is more like a pin hole and on the worst days it is total blindness. So, I may show up and be blind in that eye and take the Goldmon eye test and have a 99% eye loss or a 90% loss either way he said it was permanent and total and would write it that way in his report. I have a history of migraines since 1986 and it is documented in my recored since the first document migraine attack in 1986 biut they atcually began in 1983. I hope the VA will see this a permanent issue and total issue and rate me as P&T.

Also, I hope someone will come along and explain the SMC issue to me too! Also, looks like my boss is trying to fire me from my gov job too. I have been with the gov for three years next month. Any help in that area would help too!

Semper Fi!

Mark

Edited by Mark