Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update On My Claims---

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

My claims- due to my recent letter to the VA OIG (as far as I know- they said it was a congressional matter- but I havent griped to my Congressman for years and the vet rep said the IG would be classified as Cong. matter) are in the director's office.

I also had sent the director a letter telling her of my concerns and that I wrote to the IG-

I am THRILLED! My concerns are how this VARO is not only treating my claims but how they are treating many many valid claims of veterans-

I am still ticked off that a federal employee- a DRO-supposed to be a high level adjudicator- sent me a copy and paste decison in Sept, when the entire purpose of the DRO is for a de Novo (brand new) review.My rights within basic 38 CFR regs were violated and when I called this to the RO manager's attention, I thought the steps they immediately took would help resolve that- but again- they have failed to extend to me the most basic rights I can expect as a claimant.

I went through this for four years in the past and had to get real tough.That is when they considered my evidence. It is difficult to imagine that I am the sole claimant up there with these problems.

I know other veterans are having a hell of a time with this VARO.If they have vet reps that are lousy- they wont get anywhere-and if they get a verbatim de novo review- that is just unconscionable-I had to send this DRO the DRO's job description but I guess I should have sent a first grade Primer on how to read too.

This VARO needs oversight- I intend to do all I can to see that happen!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet