VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A New Update On My Claim

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

At 8:30 this AM my claim left the Director's office and went into an appeals team-

who can make a rating on it-

so the vet rep said- ???

This is my main claim- the vet rep didnt know status of the other ones-said they apparently have put it all together-

He said it is completely out of the DRO's hands now. ???

I dont know how to interpret this-

Also I have been continually sending additional medical evidence- there is plenty of it in the veteran's med recs-

I have stuff here to mail on his cerebral trauma- very technical stuff- it explains part of Dr. Bash's

opinion based on his exertise as Neuro-Radiologist. I dont know if I should mail them more yet on this or not.

Had idea last week-might help someone-

Many of you know that the VA has continued to ignore my $2,000 IMO from Dr. Bash and even a freeby I got from a former VA treating doctor- that is brief but dynamite when considered with his med rec entries, etc.

SO----since these opinions are still ignored I made many copies of them and when I submit more evidence to VA

I type my statement on the other side of the IMOs. Each submission I make always has 2-3 pages, and the med recs attached- so this way they can't possible miss these opinions-

I might even shrink them down and use as a letterhead on next piece of evidence.

I have also prepared two detailed physiological explanations of specific manifestations of Rods undiagnosed DMII to his brain and heart and managed to find an autopsied brain and autopsied heart in ,living color,on the net , in order to diagram the results of the MRI, CT, and ECHOs etc. on an actual picture of brain and heart. The heart shows LVH involvement consistent with my husband's autopsy findings and VA's ECHO. (they never told me or the veteran he had sgnificant heart disease)

The pictures are quite gruesome. The Med Examiner told me no photos were taken of Rod's autopsy so this is best I can send-

I think it is ridiculous to even do this because those idiots misdiagnosed so many conditions that my husband had.

I knew the vet rep I got today at the 800# for 15 years-

he said Mrs. Simmons I haven't forgotten you in all these years- and I said Jim- the Buffalo VARO will NEVER forget me either-

I just dont know whether to send this additional med evidence or not-

I even found more accidentally last night---

It pays, men and women, to study your Chemistry reports and do all you can to understand your disabilities-

by asking questions of the doctors- and of course it helps even more, if they speak English.

Edited by Berta

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

At 8:30 this AM my claim left the Director's office and went into an appeals team-

who can make a rating on it-

so the vet rep said- ???

This is my main claim- the vet rep didnt know status of the other ones-said they apparently have put it all together-

He said it is completely out of the DRO's hands now. ???

I dont know how to interpret this-

Also I have been continually sending additional medical evidence- there is plenty of it in the veteran's med recs-

I have stuff here to mail on his cerebral trauma- very technical stuff- it explains part of Dr. Bash's

opinion based on his exertise as Neuro-Radiologist. I dont know if I should mail them more yet on this or not.

Had idea last week-might help someone-

Many of you know that the VA has continued to ignore my $2,000 IMO from Dr. Bash and even a freeby I got from a former VA treating doctor- that is brief but dynamite when considered with his med rec entries, etc.

SO----since these opinions are still ignored I made many copies of them and when I submit more evidence to VA

I type my statement on the other side of the IMOs. Each submission I make always has 2-3 pages, and the med recs attached- so this way they can't possible miss these opinions-

I might even shrink them down and use as a letterhead on next piece of evidence.

I have also prepared two detailed physiological explanations of specific manifestations of Rods undiagnosed DMII to his brain and heart and managed to find an autopsied brain and autopsied heart in ,living color,on the net , in order to diagram the results of the MRI, CT, and ECHOs etc. on an actual picture of brain and heart. The heart shows LVH involvement consistent with my husband's autopsy findings and VA's ECHO. (they never told me or the veteran he had sgnificant heart disease)

The pictures are quite gruesome. The Med Examiner told me no photos were taken of Rod's autopsy so this is best I can send-

I think it is ridiculous to even do this because those idiots misdiagnosed so many conditions that my husband had.

I knew the vet rep I got today at the 800# for 15 years-

he said Mrs. Simmons I haven't forgotten you in all these years- and I said Jim- the Buffalo VARO will NEVER forget me either-

I just dont know whether to send this additional med evidence or not-

I even found more accidentally last night---

It pays, men and women, to study your Chemistry reports and do all you can to understand your disabilities-

by asking questions of the doctors- and of course it helps even more, if they speak English.

Berta, I sent the labs and medical statements from my husband's VA medical record, but they say they are not considering them because they are "duplicates." I sent some duplicate pages, but different facts on the same page pertain to different claims. Still they say these were dulplicates and considered before because the prior decision listed the evidence as "VA medical records from July 2000--December 2005." These fell between those dates. And they said just because a lab showed a high or low reading, that did not mean there was disability. They say they need more medical evidence.

I suggest that you access on the net whatever you can find to associate your disability with those abnormal readings_

for example-I had to prove to VA that my husband had DMII, never diagnosed by the VA.

I made the point in my 2003 claim that the VA had already stated their crappy medical care had caused his death (I attached their actual OCG report)

I reminded VA that his initial diagnose of transcient ischemia and heart disease and inapproprate meds, had come from me, a lay[erson and not any VA doctor in over 6 years treatment.

my husband had low cholestrol but yet 339 as a TRIGLY blood chemistry reading-

A doctor in a old 1997 SOC said he had hyperlipedimia. I never heard that before.

This chem reading was evidence of hyperlipedemia- I found 3 medical studies to support that.

Then I found many medical studies and even VA medical info on the net that this is highly indicative of diabetes.

Also my husband had suffered a major stroke (the wealth of evidence on that and it's association to DMII is overwhelming) I sent them ADA and VA stuff on that association.

The I got an IMO from a former VA doctor and also Dr. BAsh- supporting my whole claim-I didnt stop there-

He had Sudden death syndrome due to neuropathy-died in minutes- the evidence of that to diabetic neuropathy and sudden death was overwhelming and I sent them that info.

He had documented persistent oral candidia- due to high glucose infltrating into saliva-

I found numerous medical treatices (some from the College of denistry) that this is an emphatic indicator od DMII.

He had low C02, High Bun Urea Nitrogen, High creatine, High SEGS- documented visual problems,

nystagmus, abnormal ECGs and ECHO, Left Ventricular hypertrophy,

I studied every single thing I could in his medical records and could associate it all with undiagnosed DMII-with medical literature ad reports from the net.

Last year at a yard sale I bought for 2 bucks a medical nursing primer- that helped me a lot too-it had many symbols and a Cm , mm conversion chart-lots of info there-

Rod's glucose readings -most of them occured while he had been in a fasting state due to a paralysed throat-

he fasted while at VA hospitals for 19 days before they even inserted a feeding tube-

all of the glucose readings were consistent with diabetes-

I sent them more medical evidence on Monday then found my claim went to the appeal team and then I had one more chemistry entry to study-(this was a lot of stuff to go through)- all my attempts to understand this one abnormal chemistry value and some odd entries just went know where-for 2 years- and yesterday I found that one VA used a different medical symbol for something that another VA used a different med symbol for---

same chemistry just different symbol-(supported by documentation from MediLexicon)

it was a dynamite piece of evidence.

In spite of my excellent IMOs- the VA (I had to use command presense last week on them) failed to even acknowledge my IMOs -because they prove my claim-

yesterday they were finally being read (I think)yet I still supported everything with medical evidence.

Look up these chemistry symbols and then associate their abnormal values with anything on the net to link with evidence of your disability.

I think it is just ridiculous that we-as claimants-have to do this medical work-but it often can turn the tide on a claim.

If I didnt start reading cardiology in 1995 they would have completely gotten away with causing my husband's wrongful death.

And now 11 years later I finally know how they killed him-

by not properly diagnosing obvious DMII ,evident in med recs for 6 years, and figuring he would die and no one would ever know what they did.

Edited by Berta

Berta,

So you think his VA doctor notes once again confirming the other two IMOs won't help?

Edited by Morgan

Oh- I do think the VA doc notes confirming the IMOs will help---it is just that I dont trust them to be able to

handle anything and I believe in reinforcing even the best stuff you have-My IMos still there never considered since Nov 2004-I beefed them up as to their significance with more medical evidence-

"Are these people totally nuts?"

Yes or just plain incompetent and lazy.

Oh- I do think the VA doc notes confirming the IMOs will help---it is just that I dont trust them to be able to

handle anything and I believe in reinforcing even the best stuff you have-My IMos still there never considered since Nov 2004-I beefed them up as to their significance with more medical evidence-

"Are these people totally nuts?"

Yes or just plain incompetent and lazy.

I gotcha. You know, it makes me crazy that they have so much discretion and when they violate the law nothing happens in return for lazy, imcompetent adjudication, and the veteran has no recourse except long appeals.

Edited by Morgan