VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Visit Suprise Result From Urgent Care

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I went to the Local VAMC this afternoon because I had been having thoracic and lower Spine problems.

The wait was only about 20 minutes and Even had Xrays taken. The Doctor said she noticed my pulse was eleveated and wanted additional xrays ( Chest). ALso had an EKG.

The EKG Was normal. The Doc said since that I have a Paralyzed Left Diaphragm comparison to the last Chest Xray I had In July 05 was difficult, However, she and Another Doctor Notices nodules in the base of the left Lung. It is unknown how long they have been there since my Left Lung does not inflate fully from the paralysis. I now have to go through the CT scans again and maybe a Biopsy to determine the actual problem. I have been exposed to allot of asbestos during service as a Naval Insulator and Have filed a Claim for Residuals of asbestos exposure and All claims keep getting denied Due to lack of current medical condition. I will keep udating as this thing progresses.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

1 answer to this question

I certainly hope this is not serious but it could well be a manifestation of asbestos exposure-

Asbestos claims- the VA has a specific way of dealing with these claims-

they are not presumptive- but if a veteran was exposed (which they can check through the vet's shipboard duties- and the vet has a disability with a known medical link to asbestos, and was not a heavy smoker since leaving the mil-nor had any occupation since discharge -that would put him into asbestos exposure-

it is possible to get a service connected award.

Of course an IMO is always the best bet on many of these asbestos claims.