VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration Review Assistance

Rate this question

ollie

Question

Hello all,

I retired less than a yr ago and have a rating of 50% Thanks to you all and your advise.

When I recieved my rating, there where several disabilities I claimed that were not rated/not service connected and I would like to ask for a reconsideration review. I was wondering if anyone had any help in wording or could site previous cases.

1) Bilateral Breast reduction- this was recommended to me after a motor vehicle accident in which I was having severe back pains. The surgeons evaluations reads "C/O back pain due in part to a known post tramatic disc problem but also felt by her to be secondary to her large breast." The reduction was signigicant 38D to 38B. It left me with large scars that are tender and numbing along the lateral wall and with decreased sensitivity in the nipple. - I had been recommended for the same surgery 5 years prior but choose not to have it as I did not see the medical need. VA did not rate this stating it was an elective surgery

2) Hypersomnia- VA disapproved this saying it was a symptom not a diagnosis. My neurologist stated "I suspect that her symptoms are consistent with probable narcolepsy without cataplexy. Other possibility would be idiopathic central nervous system hypersomnia or excessive daytime sleepiness secondary to chronic fatigue syndrome." I filed the claim for hypersomnia and am not sure how to readdress it as narcolepsy.

3) Chronic fatigue syndrome- VA exam did not show the diagnositic criteria--- The VA nurse was not through at all and did not ask me the questions or examine the correct criteria for this but said I had CFS. VA denied the claim due to lack of evidence. My medical records show a pattern of fatigue and treatment to rule out other disease and finally a diagnosis of CFS. I had the doctor that diagnosed me with CFS due a disability examination on the VA work sheet for CFS which should have been done by the VA C& P.

4) Depression- I missed my C& P exam because the VA nurse told me (written on paper) the wrong date. So my claim was denied. I have the paper stating the wrong date. Also the VA does not have any of my pysch. paperwork because I have not been diagnosed with an actual mental disorder. I just go to a counselor.

Does anyone have any information or recommendations that can help me submit this correctly and in a way that VA will not kick it back. Or any cases that I might be able to use as a basis of claim.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet