Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Reconsideration

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

As I am sure most of you on hadit know I have been fighting with the VA since January 2005. I have a cancer entitled non-hodgskin's Lymphoma. The claim is based on a direct service connection basis since I served in Thailand from 1969 to 1970. I have been in the hampster wheel from the VARO to The BVA then to the CAVC then remanded to the BVA and back to the VARO once again to the BVA and now awaiting a re-consideration from the BVA.

:rolleyes: I was granted an advancement on the docket due to the seriousness of the disease. Main question I have: is the BVA bound by the previously granted advancement on the docket in respect to a re-consideration request. I sure hope someone out there can tell me because the VA sure won't.

Edited by rthomass

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I do not have the appropriate reference in front of me at this time but take a commonsense look at the situation:

You have already requested and was granted a motion to advance your claim on the docket which has prompted BVA to work your claim.

Therefore, your claim is being worked on a priority basis and the motion for reconsideration will be handled in the same manner. Keep in mind that the motion for reconsideration is just another tooth in the VA gear and is not a new claim/appeal. Your primary concern should be that your motion for reconsideration is approved. If it has already been approved then you have made it to the top of the hill and they will/should be processing the request.

I appreciate you comments. Fankly speaking the VA Hospital here in Louisville, KY is wonderful. They litterally saved my life. They check every three months for any newsign of Lymphomas. :rolleyes: Unfortunately the other side of the VA house leaves a bitter taste on uour month. thnk you again clown..... for you encouraging comments.