Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does Deferred By The Dro Mean?

Rate this question

dougm

Question

Hey all, simple question. I was told today by the 800 number that one issue had been service connected at 0% by the DRO, and that 5 others were deferred.

Does deferred by the DRO mean denied and passed onto the travel board or delayed. I guess, what exactly does deferred by the DRO mean?

Also, if a shoulder injury was not in SMR's, but was diagnosed 2.5 months after separation at a C&P, is it then service connectable by presumption?

Thanks,

Doug

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Deferred means that they did not rate that part of the claim at this time. I can be deferred for farther development, an exam, VCAA has not expired, need clarification on what is claim. There could be any number of reason. They will rate them at a later date. Sometimes if there is a presumptive issue, they will rate it right away and deferr the other issues.

Thanks Sharon,

This is stemming from a DRO hearing I had in December. I was at first shocked, hoping that didn't mean they denied all the others (the issues I thought were much stronger). I had a C&P for the issues in January, and all the issues were clear, so maybe the DRO thought the C&P was inadequate like I did.

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll be less of a lurker from now on.

I just received an IRIS response confirming that 5 of 6 issues were deferred to the Travel Board from the DRO. This definately feels like a defeat, and while on the surface better than a flat out denial, I still feel like all of my issues were denied.

Anyone know the wait time for a Travel Board hearing? It looks like this battle is going to be a long one. I guess I requested the Travel Board hearing back in January (unintentionally, and probably screwed myself with the DRO somehow).

Thanks.