Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review (pending)

Rate this question

bern381

Question

I recieved four separate appointment letter from the VA today. I could tell what they were before I opened them. As I was leafing through them, I nearly hit the floor. Much to my surprize, the VA scheduled me for another mental health C & P in April. It seems as though they want to gather more info before they make a decision. I have been previously denied for depression secondary to chronic pain from service connected disabilities and I elected a DRO review. The anxiety is already building. However, all I am going to do is keep it real, state the facts, and be honest. I pray that my examiner is both honest and competent. Any suggestions before I present my case? Thanks, Bern

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The DRO can not use an exam that is over a year old. That may be the reason you have to have new examinations. Go to the home page and look up each exam. You'll do just fine.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

I've not yet had a mental health C&P, but I would recommend you study the rating schedule, because as I've learned the hard way, if you don't put things in VA language, they just won't understand your point of view. Understand your symptoms and how they are applicable in the rating schedule.

Other than that, I agree with Sharon, you'll do just fine.

Be careful in stating your symptoms exactly how CFR 38 reads for compensable conditions/symptoms. It's a dual edged sword as VA thinks if you to know too much about the rating schedule that you are faking it. It's amazing the fine line we must follow as the VA gets to do whatever they want. Good luck and just be yourself and you'll do fine.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.