VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atomic Veterans And Asbestos Vets

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

Don't know where I posted it-

I think I inferred that rad doseage records are needed for these claims - but if the vet has a presumptive Radiogenic cancer- they are NOT needed-actually I forget how I put it-

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:NNjB3n...k&cd=1&ie=UTF-8

This link includes a link to the VA's IonRadiation HAndbook-

Sorry if I mis- stated what I meant-

Also a point on cancer claims- often a cancer metasizes- the initial type of cancer could be overlooked by the VA-

what I mean is if a vet has a type of cancer on the AO list that has metasized into another type pf cancerous condition Not on the AO cancer list-(or Atomic vet list of presumptives) the veteran clearly has to state this in their claim-

I have a vet with cancer that we are trying to associate to his Navy asbestos exposure.

He recently dveloped another type of cancer that is terminal but not associated with asbestos.

His C & P doctor just told him-he called me right away- that the new cancer is directly from metasization of the initial cancer. I called his vet rep and he said it is going into the claim-

Unfortunately his C & P doc would not state that asbestos more than likely caused the initial cancer-

but he has a private doctor who he thinks will give him an IMO.

These VA doctors are still often very reluctant to give any opinion to support a claim.

I sent this vet some good internet stuff that his private doctor said he would consider-as well as a BVA decision- in order to develop a good opinion for this veteran.

And also a print out of a non vet who got millions in a lawsuit recently because this same type of cancer was associated with his exposure to asbestos.

The asbestos conditions in the regs are NOT presumptive- and unfortunately this gives the VA a lot of leeway to deny this type of claim.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet