VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Unemployability

Rate this topic

Anthony

I am rated at 70% and was sent VA form 21-8940 for Indiviual Unemployability to complete for verification of income and VA form "Employment Questionnaire".

I am self employed and don't know what amount should be put in box #16 item F on the Individual Unemployability form? Is it my gross monthly income for my business before expenses? or what I put in my pocket after expenses? On the Employment Questionnaire what would go in box 4F?

I was told by a VA employee at the regional office in Lansing MI that the dollar amount the VA looks at is my net income after expenses. I was told to also send my schedule c from 2004 - it shows a net income of $3,882.00. My total business income before expenses was $15,100.00.

Do they caluculate in my VA benefit and Navy CRDP as income? I am confused. My vet rep said he thought it was gross income overall.

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who knows how to fill out this form.

Thanks for having this resource - :lol:

Anthony

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response.

I now know I completed the form incorrectly thanks to the responses I have received - I also posted this in the correct forum - this was not really a success story at this point.

I did put my gross income not net income after business deductions etc. on my 8940 which I filed in August 2005. Denial came back January 2006 - too much income. I included my Schedule C which clearly showed the net income but whomever did my file did not get a red flag that something did not jive. I guess that does not surprise me.

I have an appointment with a new VFW rep in Marquette MI this coming Thursday to file an appeal. After speaking to him on the phone today he made me feel so much better. He said there is no doubt there is an error and to see him ASAP so he can file the correct paperwork :lol:

I will keep you posted as to the results.

Many thanks for your help.

Anthony

Michigan

• HadIt.com Elder

if you are in the UP I hope you got a snowmobile with a big gas tank lol my Uncle lives in Marquette and the rest of the aunts and uncles live in Lake City down by Traverse City

We live on the Keweenaw peninsula about 2 1/2 hours NW of Marquette B) The finger of land that sticks out into Lake Superior. Supposed to have blowing snow this weekend with wind chills as low as -50 degrees. Snug as a bug in the house.

Lots of snow - and I have a BIG snowblower with lots of extra gas. Snowshoes and no snowmobile - like the quiet in the woods. :lol:

Have a wonderful day. I am feeling better knowing I made a clerical error on that form.

Anthony

• HadIt.com Elder

yup those fixable errors are the best, it's the ones that cost you money that suck, my Aunt Karen says she burns about 6 cords a winter stay warm you have a short summer don't ya?