VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Proper Rating For A Herniated Disc On Lower Back ?

Rate this question

war eagle vet

Question

i have a herniated disc on my L4-L5 and it happend on my first deployment 5 years ago. now that im a lil older and on my second deployment, my back injury is causing my legs to go numb and weak and its hard for me to walk. i am currently receiving 40%..is it still possibl to make an appeal at the VA to increase my disability rating?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

i have a herniated disc on my L4-L5 and it happend on my first deployment 5 years ago. now that im a lil older and on my second deployment, my back injury is causing my legs to go numb and weak and its hard for me to walk. i am currently receiving 40%..is it still possibl to make an appeal at the VA to increase my disability rating?

Hey there war eagle I am in the same boat as what I can tell you is what I had. Last year was rated 10% DDD of my lower back L5 S1 Post lamenctamy. I am sure some others will help I ask what is your ROM as that is the key and if you have a civ Doctor or VA Doctor that would order a Nerve conduction exam to get an idea on how much damage is there I would like to hear from you what you results you get. I have the numbness in both legs and feet burn like crazy no relief. On your appeal if you kept it going you could ask for a higher ratting based on your current condition. If you let it go a year I think it is done and over with. Get a new claim in for an increase. I am doing some pool theraphy but it is still too early to give my opinion. Go the spine repository on this board Rental had did some really good work putting that together. I know it is agrivating as all get out with your back but take soem time find out your best appeal and shoot that thing in so you can get some help with your sittuation.