Deleted

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, unless you request your C-file to be moved to your new state, it will stay in the old state. When I moved west, I notified my RO of my address change and they asked if I wanted it sent to the new RO. I said no, just leave it there. Should I need a future C&P, I may need to go there, for it, but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. I can probably have them contract w/my current RO for the exam.

Thanks Namvet6567,

Somehow that is how I thought it worked, otherwise the C-file would get a lot of travel miles for those of us who migrate from time to time, but still need VAMC medical care in the new locale.

Riverman

• HadIt.com Elder

On the issue of the letter for the fishing license.

Disabled veteran privilages are available if you are 100% and no future exams. Privilages are not given on ratings that are expected to change. The VA I know intreprets the necessity for future exams as indicating an expected change. HOWEVER, The mere fact an exam is schedulded due to moving should not change the fact that the original decision was of such consequence that future exams were not necessary. With this in mind I would tell the lady at the RO that they missed the point and to stick with the original rating decision until after the new exam is done and a change is determined to be necessary.

Rick-- I understand how you feel I just went thru this and I have been P&T since 1998. Not only was I scheduled for an examination but they proposed to reduce me. They changed their mind on reducing me but changed my SMC I am still awaiting a decision. Now they have scheduled me again for another examination. These "IDIOTS" don't read the regulation or are trying to get rid of vets by causing them undu anxiety. I must admit they had me pretty darn upset but my husband reminded me of the facts and told me to play their little game.

Rick-- I understand how you feel I just went thru this and I have been P&T since 1998. Not only was I scheduled for an examination but they proposed to reduce me. They changed their mind on reducing me but changed my SMC I am still awaiting a decision. Now they have scheduled me again for another examination. These "IDIOTS" don't read the regulation or are trying to get rid of vets by causing them undu anxiety. I must admit they had me pretty darn upset but my husband reminded me of the facts and told me to play their little game.

Dorothy,

What reason did they give for scheduling the exam/proposed reduction? Or, in your opinion, what do you think triggered it?

Also, are you working with a VSO from a service organization on this? It sounds to me like something is terribly wrong (on their end) if they have not given a sound reason why all this is happening.

Riverman

• HadIt.com Elder

rickb54,

Glad to hear it is going your way. My experience with the VA is that once they make a mistake they and everybody else at the VA runs with the mistake. Then it does take an act of congress to get it straightened out.