• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Parkinsons Bill Hr 1428 Great News

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

AO Parkinsons Bill HR 1428 Great News

From Alan Oates

Kelley, we are working hard on H.R. 1428 (Parkinsons disease presumptiveness). Chairman Filner called me last night and I am meeting him in his office in D.C. tomorrow. He did say that he was going to get this passed this year. Co-sponsorship is moving along (58 on official list with 12 of those on the Veterans Affairs Committee). There are also two others who have committed to co-sponsor but names have not show up. I think we have legs under this bill.

If any of your guys live in Pensacola Florida area, I would appreciate them calling in and asking Rep. Jeff Miller to co-sponsor this bill. I will be delivering about 35 post cards from people in his district on Monday. The phone number is 202-225-4136 and Elby Godwin is the staff person to take care of VA issues.

A call this week will help us push him into our corner. Thanks for you help on this.

Alan

Alan Oates

U.S. Military Veterans with Parkinson's

USMVP

4270 South Ox Rd

Edinburg, VA 22824

oldvet@aol.com

540-325-1232

Once again I ask that you contact your congressional representative and your senators and request 'very enthusiastically' they shall support this long over due bill.

I also hope that Congressman Filner does not allow the VSO's to get in there and muck it up on behalf of VA like they did the additional cancer bill out of Congressman Kagen's office.

Kelley

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

AO Parkinsons Bill HR 1428 Great News

From Alan Oates

Kelley, we are working hard on H.R. 1428 (Parkinsons disease presumptiveness). Chairman Filner called me last night and I am meeting him in his office in D.C. tomorrow. He did say that he was going to get this passed this year. Co-sponsorship is moving along (58 on official list with 12 of those on the Veterans Affairs Committee). There are also two others who have committed to co-sponsor but names have not show up. I think we have legs under this bill.

If any of your guys live in Pensacola Florida area, I would appreciate them calling in and asking Rep. Jeff Miller to co-sponsor this bill. I will be delivering about 35 post cards from people in his district on Monday. The phone number is 202-225-4136 and Elby Godwin is the staff person to take care of VA issues.

A call this week will help us push him into our corner. Thanks for you help on this.

Alan

Alan Oates

U.S. Military Veterans with Parkinson's

USMVP

4270 South Ox Rd

Edinburg, VA 22824

oldvet@aol.com

540-325-1232

Once again I ask that you contact your congressional representative and your senators and request 'very enthusiastically' they shall support this long over due bill.

I also hope that Congressman Filner does not allow the VSO's to get in there and muck it up on behalf of VA like they did the additional cancer bill out of Congressman Kagen's office.

Kelley

Hello Allan,

Is there anything else you can tell me about the "Parkinson's Presumptive Bill" your'e trying to get through? I'm a vet and was diagnosed in 2006. Just wondering what it will incompass.

Thanks for your work on this,

blackbird

Blackbird

• HadIt.com Elder

Other than passing on Kelley's work, I know very little about this.

Try sending Kelley an email & see if he has more info on this.

Here's his email addy...... Sp5kelley2nd94th@aol.com

Allan