Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mustard Gas

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Has anyone ever had a claim due to mustard gas?

Does anyone have a definition (VA definition) of "full body exposure"?

I have been looking all over ,VAOGC , CAVC, and BVA etc etc for a definition-of this- it seems VA considers field testing (in gear and with limited removal of gas mask for test) as well as chamber tests as not being "full Body exposure".

Would that makes sense that "full Body exposure" would be without any protective gear at all for any length of time?

Also this would rule out the tests when they dropped mustard gas on a soldier's wrist to see what the affects of the drop was-

I know a vet who I fully believe had full body exposure but we cannot find a good definition of that- a definition that VA seems to know- in order to award a few FBE claims but deny many more which are not FBE claims.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

look in army fm 3-8 and 3-9 you can find these in any ed center libary on any post.when did he get full body expourse reason i ask all mustard agents are liquid in form and their needs to be a lot for the vapors to affect you, also did he breath any vapors in then he might have blisters in his lungs and would need to be scoped out for this which mustard agent was he exposed to so i can help you, army chem staff nco e-7 retired :rolleyes: B) :mellow:

THANKS A Lot-I never thought of the FM!!!!

I think it was Lewisite and he did decontamination of the masks.

He has four of the presumptive mustard gas conditions.

It seems the VA has conceded his exposure to mustard gas but

His lawyer told him he only needs to get medical statement as to the "full body exposure".

I got the USMC FM via Google I think when I was at AMU (or maybe my USMC instructor sent the file to me-forget)

so I will try Google on that -as I am far from any post-

I appreciate the advice!

berta if he deconed his mask first and their was no one to help him decon i can guess he did inhale some vapors and also got some on his skin and clothes . who is the stupid idot/ boss of this operation!!!!!!!what a nut!!!! also please could you tell me or e-mail me@ cnamias@comcast.net or phone me after 6pm at work 912 355 3262 and ask for clark. he was to go thru a decon line. where and what unit was involed in this stupidy. he should be fired or reduced in rank(military).

Thank you so much- I will send him the links I found to the Field Manual-

This happened in Alaska in the 1960s I think-

would you mind if I gave him your email addy?

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta sounds like he might have been where you're radio buddy was at in the 60s I am having a brain fart right now but you know who I mean the guy from SHAD