Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do I Do Now, Need Some Input

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

Guest Jim S.

It has become apparent that the VARO is going to do nothing in rectifying their error in supporting a diagnosis change, by one of their Raters, with only his/her's unsuported determination.

I am in the belief that, unless I reinstate my CUE claim, the time I am waisting at this point on a claim for reconsideration will only bring about another denial based on the false assumption of this alternative diagnosis.

How do I get them to answer the question on how they determined an alternative diagnosis was rightly applied, short of sighting CUE?

Would I be able to bring up this question of their prior error, if I asked for a hearing on my claim for reconsideration?

Some help or direction would be appreciated.

Jim S :)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Jim - a real shrink- someone independent of the VA- and I mean a psychiatrist-(they are MDs) not a psychologist-

with all of your VA medical and private mental health records, and your Serivce records,

could determine with a battery of tests- the MMPI, Hand Test , Wexscler,Trails Mosing -there are 6 or 7 tests they can perform-I listed them all for you at the old board-

this doctor could assess you properly as to your current disability and then possibly associate your disabilty with your service records-they would need your SMRs and your personnel files.

Then- your CUE claim would possibly have legal evidence to support their legal errors.

Medical evidence-for CUE- has to be manipulated into statements of fact as to how the wrong med info caused them to commit clear and unmistakable legal errors.Same as my main CUE.

It went into adjudication last week after they got more evidence.It is based solely on law.

Also this IMO- although it might be costly- would be the best investment into a claim for proper SC disabilty that one could make in this type of situation.

Do you get Medicare- maybe that would even cover the expense??? I dont know-

I dont play Quack Wars with them- what I mean is if I have a vet in a similiar situation-

lousy mental diagnosis from the VA- I always suggest they get a professional IMO

because that-if it reflects what you are seeking from VA-a good IMO

stops them cold.

Sure- they can continue the argument- but if one has a good IMO from a professional- with Rationale for their opinion (professional expertise in the specific disability field)

who has laid their reputation down whenever they sign an IMO-for a vet-

the VA is put into the defensive position as they know veteran has the ammo they need to succeed in their claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.