• Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

lol.... "Our goal is to reduce the remand rate to 30% by the end of FY 06."

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Conclusion

In summary, VBA has increased its focus on the appellate workload over the past several years. Through our actions and actions taken in collaboration with BVA, we have implemented measures to reduce the number of remands and improve the timeliness of appeals processing. We believe we are moving in the right direction, and continuing efforts will allow us to significantly improve the appeals process for veterans.

Didn't someone just post there is a 74% remand rate from the BVA?

My claim was remanded back & forth from the BVA to the AMC to the RO's from 2003 when the AMC opened to 2009. I would submit a favorable IMO, the BVA would remand it back to the AMC & they would go Dr shoping for another IMO.

This was repeated over & over & over again.

The only function I see RO's & the AMC is to delay & deny claims using the same intentional errors the BVA alows.

Claims could be processed faster if VARO & AMC level of adjudication was eliminated all together. Have claims go straight to the BVA, followed by CAVC.

Close every regional office in the country & claims may just stop seeing all the errors & needless remands.

The DVA hires & grants alot of bonuses to the RO's & AMC, just to back log the claims process.