Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thin Skinned People Should Not Read.

Rate this question

timetowinarace

Question

When I joined Hadit in '05 there were no moderaters. I was very unhappy with the Va system to put it mildly. Thankfully, I was allowed to vent my frustrations and learn how to deal with the VA. I was not allowed to do so on another claims site, I didn't go back.

Today, when I open the VA Claims Research page here at Hadit, there are no less than six closed topics on the first page. I had not posted a comment to any of them but it pains me to see them closed. Why would it bother me when I did not have an opinion to share? Because I come here to help veterans. It helped me a great deal to be able to vent my frustrations. While there have always been those that may disagree with some of my opinions, it always felt good that someone understood them, even though they did not agree. These disagreements have helped me a great deal.

Most of you that may read this understand that most of our frustrations brought about by the VA cannot be expressed to those that do not share the VA experience, thus cannot be expressed anywhere but here. It is shame that veterans must walk on eggshells and hold their frustrations in in order to be heard on this site.

In this post, I will not hold back. I will name names and speak bluntly. While I greatly respect the knowledge and opinions of the moderaters on claims issues, it is no secret that I'm not a fan of the moderating.

I don't know wich moderater closed the thread, "Can You Sue Your Service Organisation For Mistakes". You were used. While 'Widow1' was venting frustration, 'Windy City' chose to get upset and "hope" that someone would "step in and finally put an end to all this". He said it made his "blood boil". 'jbasser' informed him the thread was "a Topic that is within the parameters of the rules" and suggested Windy City not read it. So knowing what is likely to get a thread closed, Windy City responds to a post in all capitol letters(indicating shouting). Sure 'nuf, the thread is closed. That Whiny City is a wiley old wolf. Seems he only wants the wind to blow in his direction. The moderater was suckered. Widow1 was no longer allowed to vent her frustrations. Worse yet, every time she tried after that to vent her frustraions, Carlie shut her down cold. Even though Widow1 had done little else in the original thread but vent. But, another thread also referancing this same original thread was allowed to continue because it kissed moderater butt.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest most of Hadits members are adults. I think I can assume as much since children are not allowed to join the service. As adults, I'm thinking we don't need parents telling us we shouldn't argue. Also, we are not playing a game. No referee is necissary. I agree with the no politics policy. But I don't agree with closing a thread because Whiny City get's his feelers hurt because veterans don't like the way they've been treated by their VSO's. I'm tired of the whining about COLA but for those that want to vent about it, their threads should not be closed. Even if I disagree.

There is more to helping veterans than telling them where to find the reg's pertaining to their claim. They need to vent their frustrations over this god awfull process.

In the end, this is just a rant borne out of frustration like the rest of them. I've voiced my concerns over this many times. I'm quite positive it will change nothing. The "this is not a democracy" phrase is repeated over and over again, though it is a tired and childish excuse. Despite having to actually ban very few people, and more helpfull people have actually left due to the parenting, the moderators minds have been closed for quite some time on the issue. It has proven to be impossible for them to deal with the occational trouble maker without casting an iron fist over the rest of us.

The openess of the site was usefull to me back in '05 when I needed it. The very thing that attracted me to it is now gone. So, I will go.

Though I have been hard on them in this post, I wish eveyone the best. Hadit has gone a direction I no longer want to be a part of. It's too bad because there are no other sites like it. The very thing that caused it to grow has been removed.

Good luck to everyone.

PS. Larry, this is the exit door. LOL

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet