VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One More Day

Rate this question

kansasguy

Question

Well tomorrow I will have my PTSD c&p. I am a bit nervous. Any advise how to ease myself the next 24 hours? I am scared when they asked me about my military service I probably blow up. Very sore subject for me.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well tomorrow I will have my PTSD c&p. I am a bit nervous. Any advise how to ease myself the next 24 hours? I am scared when they asked me about my military service I probably blow up. Very sore subject for me.

get a release of Information about 4 days after your exam attention RIO Office at you VA Hospital

http://www4.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

sign the fillable form and send it.....

Be prepared for the two questions

how you feeling today, I feel great.... case closed

Do you know why your here today , to screw the VA case closed

Dress like you normally do, and remember if you come clean shaved, with nice clothes, and jacket they seem to think your just fine and dandy.....

Just go there like you finished mowing the lawn, or got back from a week in the field at your age, and lousy condition...

They seem to think if you have one good day, your just fine and dandy, they will use anything you say agaisnt you they can, looks, deamer, attitude, shoes, pressed trousers.

Just saying, these exams are not all physical or mental, they play games...

answer quitelty and stop or blather on.... what ever you normally do....

They see a show when it is being done, be yourself, that usually will be enough...

the second you arrive at C&P and meet the exam person, you are red meat for him..

even in waiting room, get a chair away from folks, as you probably do already..

wait to be called....

the game they play starts soon enough

Good luck

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That's good info.

If you don't have a grungy outfit, visiting the Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores might have something for you.

Kansasguy,

Wear jeans and a tshirt or whatever you wear on a normal day. It doesn't matter what you wear,its whats wrong with you. These guys are pros and can see thru bull shit for the most part.

Why are you here? Because I have PTSD.

They may ask you for a stressor, something that happened and stayed with you. No big deal if you have any ribbins for combat--CIB,CAR, PH, etc.

They may ask about your childhood and growing up. I said my childhood was good and my parents were great.

Read some of the info on the internet about PTSD and don't make up any stuff.

You don't have to cry like some people suggest.

If you weren't in combat I don't know what to tell you.

Good Luck and don't sweat it.

Bill

I agree with most of what you said, but they will, and they will play word games.....

have one good day, have obvious fresh clean clothes...... they think you just fine and dandy.

not that you need to put on the olde camos and hat, and go.... just do not go thinking they will not comment on your clothes, demeanor, as you talk to them....... hope they talk to you more than 35-45 minutes, and have actually read your file... take along anything you might think will be of help, copies only........

Remember to get the ROI.... you'll see what I mean ...

or maybe you'll get that one in a thousand examiners that actually is competent

Kansasguy,

Wear jeans and a tshirt or whatever you wear on a normal day. It doesn't matter what you wear,its whats wrong with you. These guys are pros and can see thru bull shit for the most part.

Why are you here? Because I have PTSD.

They may ask you for a stressor, something that happened and stayed with you. No big deal if you have any ribbins for combat--CIB,CAR, PH, etc.

They may ask about your childhood and growing up. I said my childhood was good and my parents were great.

Read some of the info on the internet about PTSD and don't make up any stuff.

You don't have to cry like some people suggest.

If you weren't in combat I don't know what to tell you.

Good Luck and don't sweat it.

Bill

Thanks for ur all advice. I am ready to get this over with. Hopefully be my last time fileing for the ptsd! I am happy that finally after 5 years they finally giveing me a ptsd exam! I got letter from someone I knew prioer to service and he wrote a letter about my attitude before service and my attitude after service. Should I take this letter to the ptsd exam or send it in to the regional office?

Thanks for ur all advice. I am ready to get this over with. Hopefully be my last time fileing for the ptsd! I am happy that finally after 5 years they finally giveing me a ptsd exam! I got letter from someone I knew prioer to service and he wrote a letter about my attitude before service and my attitude after service. Should I take this letter to the ptsd exam or send it in to the regional office?

others may have different answer......

do both have copy with you and mail it.....

always have you copies of ypu total PTSD file with you at exam, copies you can hand out....

Also, I know I have mentioned this several times, but if they refuse to award you...or if your just curious what the examination

has to say about you, get the Release of Information form, fill it out send the form to your local VAMC

http://www4.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

burma shave