Sledge

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Sledge,

I won't have to have the kid write now

GARY

This is what I used

QUOTE (Missouri_Vet @ Jan 6 2010, 12:04 PM) post_snapback.gifI dont know how many people rent or own but, I just found out today in the state of missouri if your 100 percent or disabled through social security you can get a credit for your personal property tax up to 750. per year if you rent or 1100 if you own. I also found out that you can file up to 3 years back which is a large chunk of change. im expecting over 2k so that is my cola for the year. Im sure that most states prob have this rule because missouri seems always last to implement anything. The big question for me was "why didnt i know about this before"?

MV. OK...I'm from MO..About 35 West of St.Louis,MO...Who do I contact to get the ball rolling for the $1,100.00 a year as I have been 100% for some years & need to know what forms,etc. I need to fill out .........3 years back would be a hunk of change as I believe I pay appox $1,200 a year but not sure...It may be more or maybe less...I have no idea..I have looked all over State Benefits for MO & I have never run across this one before so now I ask a question since I hear from U that this is possible.........Is that say right now back to 2006 or what?...Any information greatly appreciated & here's my E Mail if U want to send

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Sledge,

I won't have to have the kid write now

GARY

This is what I used

QUOTE (Missouri_Vet @ Jan 6 2010, 12:04 PM) post_snapback.gifI dont know how many people rent or own but, I just found out today in the state of missouri if your 100 percent or disabled through social security you can get a credit for your personal property tax up to 750. per year if you rent or 1100 if you own. I also found out that you can file up to 3 years back which is a large chunk of change. im expecting over 2k so that is my cola for the year. Im sure that most states prob have this rule because missouri seems always last to implement anything. The big question for me was "why didnt i know about this before"?

MV. OK...I'm from MO..About 35 West of St.Louis,MO...Who do I contact to get the ball rolling for the $1,100.00 a year as I have been 100% for some years & need to know what forms,etc. I need to fill out .........3 years back would be a hunk of change as I believe I pay appox $1,200 a year but not sure...It may be more or maybe less...I have no idea..I have looked all over State Benefits for MO & I have never run across this one before so now I ask a question since I hear from U that this is possible.........Is that say right now back to 2006 or what?...Any information greatly appreciated & here's my E Mail if U want to send

I don't really know anything about Missouri law but I'm thinking you might have to file an amended state tax return for each of the tax years involved. Perhaps you should call Missouri state tax officials about this, ask what sort of documentation you need to get these benefits, and request the needed forms.

I don't really know anything about Missouri law but I'm thinking you might have to file an amended state tax return for each of the tax years involved. Perhaps you should call Missouri state tax officials about this, ask what sort of documentation you need to get these benefits, and request the needed forms.

D,

Go to this site http://dor.mo.gov/tax/personal/ptc/ & I assure U one does not have to file an amended tax return as I just received mine back for 2,006-2,009

GARY