Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing Pending

Rate this question

grent

Question

I HAVE AN APPEAL PENDING BEFORE BVA

CAN I SEND NEXUS LETTERS AND NEW MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO THE BVA WHILE MY APPEAL IS PENDING

FOR INSTANCE CAN I SEND MEDICAL REPORTS FROM MEDICARE DOCTOR'S WHILE I AM WAITING DURING THIS TWO YEAR PERIOD ALL THESE NEW REPORTS ARE RELATED TO MY SC CONDITIONS

THKS

GRT

Edited by grent

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I HAVE AN APPEAL PENDING BEFORE BVA

CAN I SEND NEXUS LETTERS AND NEW MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO THE BVA WHILE MY APPEAL IS PENDING

FOR INSTANCE CAN I SEND MEDICAL REPORTS FROM MEDICARE DOCTOR'S WHILE I AM WAITING DURING THIS TWO YEAR PERIOD ALL THESE NEW REPORTS ARE RELATED TO MY SC CONDITIONS

THKS

GRT

Yes you can but when you submit it they will then send you a form to either tell them to pull the file back so the VARO can look at the new evidence and make a decision based on it or you can waive the RO jurisdiction and let the BVA Judge use it to make the decision using the entire file and the new evidence to make the decision to grant your claim or deny it I did it and had to sign the waiver in my case it was a no brainer regardless of what I gave the VARO they kept denying my claim so even with the new evidence I felt they would deny it so I preferred to have the Judge make the decision and it worked the last new evidence I got was dated Jan 2009 the BVA hearing was Feb 4 2009 and the Judge made the award letter on April 7 2009 if I had let the VARO review my claim with the new evidence it would more than likely been denied in June or July 2009 and I would still be waiting on a new BVA hearing good luck sign the waiver