Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Advice

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello again, this is just my second post, I am still looking for a little help with claims. Just to cut it short; I am rated 30% for PTSD for two years now. I have a service connected foot injury, had surgery in 2007 for joint fusion; left foot needs surgery. I filed claim for foot injury and secondary issues. Foot injury claim was denied, submitted more evidence and was scheduled for a VBA hearing; showed for the hearing at VA Regional but was cancelled at last minute, was informed that the hearing was not necessary because additional evidence was reviewed and accepted to have claim approved. I was sent home and told to wait. My VFW rep informed me of the events the day I was to have the hearing, this all ocurred October 2009. At present I have not received official correspondence from VA regarding approval of foot injury claim; I have called the VA regional several times since this year as to status of claim, they just tell me it is in process. My question is, if claim was approved shouldn't the VA have informed me via correspondence? As I mentioned in my first post, I live in a rural area and can't travel to VA regional that often. My VFW rep has been super at helping me with claims; but I cannot get in touch, I call the VFW's phone number, leave numerous messages but can't get anyone to call me back, when I show up in person the door is closed and they have a message to call and make an appointment.

I am under treatment for PTSD at the VA mental health with minimal success, the cocktail of pills for stress it's overwhelming, headaches, faint spells, gastric problems etc. I am sure a lot of you experience this.

My second question; I want to file a claim's increase for PTSD; what is the best way to proceed with this. I am aware I have to write a letter asking for an increase but my Psychiatrist and Social Worker refuse to write support statements. When I asked I was told that they do not write support statements, that their job is to treat patients, just don't have time for support letters. Do I resort to a private Psychiatrist\Psychologist for support statements? Anyway, just feel a little lost with the system. I was in NAM 1969-1971 small arms unit, the nightmare continues, feels like I am still fighting the war and the VA system just adds to the stress. Any answers, opinions will be truly appreciated, just need someone to light the way a bit. Thanks.

James

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet