Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Rating Code

Rate this question

kluender

Question

I've read through the post here on "Hadit" and haven't come across anyone else with this question. I'm service connected for partial parlysis below the right knee (20%), but I've also got numbness above the right knee in part of my thigh, hip, and groin area which occured at the same time due to a prolapsed disc. Is there a rating code that covers this part of the body?

Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've read through the post here on "Hadit" and haven't come across anyone else with this question. I'm service connected for partial parlysis below the right knee (20%), but I've also got numbness above the right knee in part of my thigh, hip, and groin area which occured at the same time due to a prolapsed disc. Is there a rating code that covers this part of the body?

Thanks

Without much info all I can do is tell you it should be in the diagnostic code area of 8520-8530 area. This leaves alot of stuff, but I don't have access to your records to be able to see what kind of nerve damage you have. Also, you could possibly have more than one group involved

Hope this helps,

Bergie

Without much info all I can do is tell you it should be in the diagnostic code area of 8520-8530 area. This leaves alot of stuff, but I don't have access to your records to be able to see what kind of nerve damage you have. Also, you could possibly have more than one group involved

Hope this helps,

Bergie

Thank-you Bergie.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks

I am thinking that the numbness is, of course, related to your spinal condition and would be covered under the same diagnostic code (and, probably under the SAME claim) as your service-connected right leg. In other words, you may be best served by initiating a claim for INCREASE.

just sayin....

Edited by LarryJ

I am thinking that the numbness is, of course, related to your spinal condition and would be covered under the same diagnostic code (and, probably under the SAME claim) as your service-connected right leg. In other words, you may be best served by intiating a claim for INCREASE.

just sayin....

Good idea. Thanks Larry.

• HadIt.com Elder
Good idea. Thanks Larry.

All you have to do is fill out this form:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

Then send it, Return Receipt Requested via U.S. Mail, to your local VA Regional Office.

In the body of this form, simply state that you are suffering from an INCREASE in symptoms of your Service-Connected leg paralyis and that these symptoms have now begun to affect not only your leg but your hip, etc. and that you would like to request an increase in your rating to cover all the above, etc. and that you want all the benefits available to you due to this disability.

You can go to the above-mentioned form and fill it out on-line and then print it out (you can't save it from the download site).

All you have to do is fill out this form:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

Then send it, Return Receipt Requested via U.S. Mail, to your local VA Regional Office.

In the body of this form, simply state that you are suffering from an INCREASE in symptoms of your Service-Connected leg paralyis and that these symptoms have now begun to affect not only your leg but your hip, etc. and that you would like to request an increase in your rating to cover all the above, etc. and that you want all the benefits available to you due to this disability.

You can go to the above-mentioned form and fill it out on-line and then print it out (you can't save it from the download site).

Thanks