VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Decision

Rate this question

EGG

Question

Today I received my decision from the appeals management center. First I have 20% rating for gerd since 99. In 2000 I went to va hospital for severe stomach pain. They told me that I had to have an appendectomy. But when I woke up they had perform an appendectomy and a right hemicolectomy for a perforated right diverticulum. So I file for that it was service connected and that I be paid 100% for the time I was off work. They approve the claim, paid 100% for the time off work and gave me 20% for the diverticulosis, but said that disabilities of the digestive system will not be combined with each other. So a single evaluation will be assigned under the diagnostic code, so rated me with the same 20% that I had from the start. Before the surgery I had never been treated for diverticulosis nor after. I trying to figure out what's the best way to go next....any thoughts :mellow:

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would be happy that they found a problem with your dicrticultis or whatever it is, because your appendectomy would not have been covered if they hadn't had to do the other surgery so in a way it was a blessing but they will not let you pyramid medical symptoms, maybe someone else has other ideas, but I would be grateful for the 100% while you were recuperating.

• In Memoriam

Egg --

The RO is right on this point:the regulatioms say that you get only a single evaluation for rating gasroinestinal disabilities -- the one that best fits the nature of your disability.

Alex